Time to do injectors

Dirtclod

Reaction score
After @350k miles the injector orings have failed and possibly the injectors themselves. Oil in the fuel and running really rough. I’m wanting a little more power but not not to hit 500hp yet because I’m not ready to pull heads and do studs and valves. And I just purchased a new kc turbo stage 1 with .84 exhaust housing. I’m thinking of going with 238/100’s from rosewood,pis,or extreme diesel performance,hydra chip with GH custom tunes, sending hpop to adrenaline,and putting in new icp,ipr. I’m hoping the turbo will be ok with this setup. Not really planning on towing much for a while.
I’m wanting 450rw hp for daily driver and occasionally tow 14k lbs and less. Later on I’ll pull heads do arp studs, maybe do valves and springs and t4 setup with 369 sxe turbo. I’ve read through several forums and threads on this site. What are the thoughts on my build coming up?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Go with holders on injectors. Rest of the build you should be good for now

DieselDC

Reaction score
You’re fine with what you want. I would do the 1.0 a/r on the turbo for better egt with your setup

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

The Brad

Reaction score
You don’t pull the heads to do studs and valve springs, but you will have to pull the injectors back out. You’ll definitely want he 1.0 housing and springs at least with 238/100s.

Northwest444

Reaction score
I agree with the brad, when I went from 160s to my 250s I studded the heads put new springs with shims, then also changed out my valve springs and put new rockers in.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I’ll have to give kc a call and see about swapping the housing. I’ll definitely do the studs and springs later on cause it’s really not in my budget right now. I’ve spent quite a bit this year and it was at mechanics shop 2 1/2 months. This whole time I’ve been outta work for normal job. So getting this thing running good is my goal. I can go hit a good car plant job and make a good hit by the end of the year and I’ll money to to make it full out capable power.

DieselDC

Reaction score
No more kcturbo for me. Just rebuilt my stocker with a 66x88 wheel. Just as happy when I had my kcturbo.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
No more kcturbo for me. Just rebuilt my stocker with a 66x88 wheel. Just as happy when I had my kcturbo.

—————signature—————

That’s good to info to know. I was wondering how it would be. My stocker was in pretty bad shape I wouldn’t have rebuilt it without some machine work done to it.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I plan on getting started in the morning getting the old injectors out and the flow plugs since3 of them are bad I’m going to change all of them out. I suppose I’ll drain the oil and remove the hpop, then drain the fuel tank. Anyone have suggestions on whether I should somehow flush out the tank? I’ll probably replace the fuel pump cause it’s been making a weird sound for a while. It shows good pressure while idling on the return gauge but I’ve never checked live data while driving it so I don’t know for sure if it’s getting as much pressure as it needs. Besides the they’re not that expensive. I’m also going to have to replace the oil dipstick and oring. It got boogered up somehow and it started leaking. I think the part it goes into is ok it’s still tight. Also my fill tube for the transmission came loose a while back. I’ve tried fixing it but came loose again. Thinking bout having a billet tc installed and I’ll have it fixed when I do that. I’ll have to research a little on how to make sure my fuel system is clean before I fire up new injectors. So that’s what I’m going to go look up now. Thanks for all the info guys.

DieselDC

Reaction score
That’s good to info to know. I was wondering how it would be. My stocker was in pretty bad shape I wouldn’t have rebuilt it without some machine work done to it.

You only need machine work if you messed it up. Generally if it did, it’s easier to buy a used one rather than pay for machine work.

I’m extremely happy with my 66x88. They sell the same kit but I think for $600 while you can get the same thing for 300-350 Ebay or amazon. Guess what??? It’s the same kit with same components. Amazon has so great reviews and on eBay, hundreds are sold. If they were chit, I’d think we would hear about it on here.

I say all this b/c I have a kcturbo st2 and I paid top money for it. I boosted only 20psi - something a stock turbo and wheel can do without a sweat. I wanted a kcturbo b/c it was so beautiful (we’re all guilty of this at one point or another) but recently came to a conclusion that my eyes were fooling me and my wallet was hurting. Could have used the extra money on other things. Don’t get me wrong, if you’re going to boost over 33+ psi, get you the kcturbo setup. If you got the money go for it, if not look into what I did.

0bb60c3b4ed6fd2ae35c347d4874f27f.jpg

e661f70f720272dff2bb9b38acd91252.jpg

“Billet wastegate” looks a lot like the one on my kcturbo.
9ecb2b15b6f6860cc715550742d8939a.jpg

c2f5aedcc4fb017e9b21fdd0c8a92449.jpg

https://youtu.be/5rMbmaUYXXw

—————signature—————

KCTurbos

Reaction score
WOW... mr ebay guy. It is cool that you like your ebay turbo, kudos. But don't come on here telling guys it is the "same thing". Someone may try copy our ideas and pass off something that looks similar for cheaper. But don't go telling people they are the exact same thing. Not even close.

Just because they may use a similar wastegate... could even be from the same manufacturer... does not mean the wheels/cover/clearance/bearings/balance/etc are the same. Even if it is the same billet actuator from the same manufacture, then I doubt it has the same springs in it.

As for you "kc stage 2" turbo only making 20psi. Please contact us with any issues and we can help you out. Can't believe someone paid good money for a KC turbo and only made 20psi, didn't like it... then bought a DIY kit off eBay without talking with us? Even a 100% stock turbo can do that.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I think it will work fine for me with with the bigger exhaust housing. I could tell something wasn’t right with my engine when I did finally get the upipes to seal up in back. Which was totally my fault. It was boosting up to 20 but was really slow but I think my issues were injector/ injector oring related and bad map sensor not fueling right.

DieselDC

Reaction score
WOW... mr ebay guy. It is cool that you like your ebay turbo, kudos. But don't come on here telling guys it is the "same thing". Someone may try copy our ideas and pass off something that looks similar for cheaper. But don't go telling people they are the exact same thing. Not even close.

Just because they may use a similar wastegate... could even be from the same manufacturer... does not mean the wheels/cover/clearance/bearings/balance/etc are the same. Even if it is the same billet actuator from the same manufacture, then I doubt it has the same springs in it.

As for you "kc stage 2" turbo only making 20psi. Please contact us with any issues and we can help you out.

That’s right I am that Ebay guy. You forgot amazon guy too. Call me what you want and i couldn’t careless. I’m only making 20psi with my kcturbo b/c that is by choice (php tuning). Looking at your 7.3 diy kit, pictures says it all so I guess I can call you plane Jane guy... Exactly the same components visually - maybe they copied you or maybe you’re reselling - couldn’t care less. People can google and find the same kit throughout the jnternet.

Can't believe someone paid good money for a KC turbo and only made 20psi, didn't like it... then bought a DIY kit off eBay without talking with us? Even a 100% stock turbo can do that.

I didn’t say I didn’t like your turbo. Talk to you about what? That I’m taking the cheaper route? You are correct, stock turbos make 20psi easy. Hence why I didn’t buy another kcturbo.

I can without a doubt say that the turbo I bought from you is genuine b/c no one else has it. Beautiful piece no doubt but Id rather not spend the coin on another build b/c I simply don’t make above 20psi and your turbo far exceeds my needs and expectations.

—————signature—————

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
I'd like to recommend full force or swamps for injectors. Have dealt with both companies and the customer service is outstanding. I haven't dealt with rosewood but heard a lot of great things.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
That’s right I am that Ebay guy. You forgot amazon guy too. Call me what you want and i couldn’t careless. I’m only making 20psi with my kcturbo b/c that is by choice (php tuning). Looking at your 7.3 diy kit, pictures says it all so I guess I can call you plane Jane guy... Exactly the same components visually - maybe they copied you or maybe you’re reselling - couldn’t care less. People can google and find the same kit throughout the jnternet.

I didn’t say I didn’t like your turbo. Talk to you about what? That I’m taking the cheaper route? You are correct, stock turbos make 20psi easy. Hence why I didn’t buy another kcturbo.

I can without a doubt say that the turbo I bought from you is genuine b/c no one else has it. Beautiful piece no doubt but Id rather not spend the coin on another build b/c I simply don’t make above 20psi and your turbo far exceeds my needs and expectations.

—————signature—————

Sorry if I misunderstood your post... I would not have recommend a stage 2 turbo from someone only looking to 20psi, even if it is pretty... in fact you will actually lose performance running that big of a turbo and not pushing it to its limits. I would have recommended a completely different route. Can I ask why you would only want to push 20psi out of a setup?

As for them being visually the same? I see ARP studs and online cheap studs for half the cost on ebay. But I would not go around telling people they are exactly the same thing. To a trained eye just from the few pics you posted it is very easy to see they are not the same thing. I would ask you not to go around telling people they are. Glad you like it, don't bother me if you recommend it, but please don't tell people they are exactly the same thing. Our small family owned business suffers a lot from copycats with lesser quality that don't do any R&D and just follow in our footsteps...

DieselDC

Reaction score
Sorry if I misunderstood your post... I would not have recommend a stage 2 turbo from someone only looking to 20psi, even if it is pretty... in fact you will actually lose performance running that big of a turbo and not pushing it to its limits. I would have recommended a completely different route. Can I ask why you would only want to push 20psi out of a setup?

As for them being visually the same? I see ARP studs and online cheap studs for half the cost on ebay. But I would not go around telling people they are exactly the same thing. To a trained eye just from the few pics you posted it is very easy to see they are not the same thing. I would ask you not to go around telling people they are. Glad you like it, don't bother me if you recommend it, but please don't tell people they are exactly the same thing. Our small family owned business suffers a lot from copycats with lesser quality that don't do any R&D and just follow in our footsteps...

I only wanted a clean 20psi out of the turbo b/c I don’t push my truck much. I have towed well over 20k and under 30k with your turbo without a sweat - not even any egt issues. 160/30 and all supporting mods. I have my 150hp race tune that flat out buries my boost gauge with php hydra.

I have 4 7.3, and one SD with a DT360 pushing over 70+ lbs of boost. I play with my 7.3 and I simply can’t afford all your turbos. Im only comparing your diy kit and they all are very similar.
+Ktp, riffraff, Amazon, Ebay

I would be more than happy to take off my Ebay turbo and do a straight comparison btwn the two to see what is alike and what’s not and even dyno it. If your $600 tag comes on top of Quality and performance, you bet I’m going to boast about your product as I always have and still do. I had plan to do a 60k final review on this turbo when the time comes (if it doesn’t blow up). I recommend people on all the forums, your turbo when it comes to a monster build. For a cheap towing alternative, I can only speak of what I have experience of: my kcturbo and my (Ktp, riffraff, Amazon, Ebay) knockoff. The rest is speculation as far as what looks similar/knockoff etc. Would be more than happy to point business towards your family business but I simply can’t afford it to see for myself.

—————signature—————

Back woods

Reaction score
66mm turbo with the stock 68mm turbine, why waste the time and then leave the hot side stock. Everyone knows real gains are made in the turbine. :poke:. A stock sized 60mm with a 70mm sxe turbine would likely outflow your eBay pile @ 20psi. Look at the size of the hub on that compressor it's bigger than stock, sure...no differences.

Last edited: