2011+ headlight post

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
I could only really find one post on headlights. and ive been digging online and besides recon, blueflame there arent any good options except painting stock ones. Just wondering what everyones done, some photos and insight. Im new to the 6.7 world, and i HATE the chrome. Thus why i never considered one. My trucks white so i was looking at black or white... this is the look i was going for
0161abd89502d3e22949f7c5827db469.jpg

I saw these on blueflame
f777bc24fea6742ba95088f09fd3af09.jpg

1e962c5ce6e1139329b7b0b9ecfdd169.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I never saw any headlights that I liked on a white truck, I don't like how the stock headlights look when they are painted white so I rolled the dice on some cheap Amazon headlights and I ended up liking them.

8980a7e1d40ed1d9e3585794847b14f4.jpg

Can't really comment on the performance I barely drive my truck.

Profuzz

Reaction score
Cody How's the fuel system issues coming along ?

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
After i looked thats what im leaning towards im just not sure if i want black or white. Hopefully i can find some more pics. I saw some brief instructions on how to paint them. So what do you just paint them and then throw a hid kit in? Imma have to see if i can find a body shop or somebody that can do it bc im not brave enough to try it lmao

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
Those dont look bad. I was thinking about these or recons but im just torn between the cheap ones looking cheap and 750$ for headlights.
75b945801e444256f78d357224e2d234.jpg

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
The recons look so nice next to them. And i can get the whole package for less than just headlights on recon!! Recons whole lighting kit was as much as my ****** kit!!!
98efcb60eee675c46ee38e8b9af9330a.jpg

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
See my dilema lmao. And i cant see spending 750 for recons. I was hoping for some better photos of painted stock ones either white or black to kinda decide what way i wanted to go. That and see how many did it themselves, or went to a local body shop. Or if there was some goto guy everyone had that did it

Reaction score
I bought the cheap black spyder ones off ebay and they lasted about a year and a half before this clear thin film started flaking off the outside of the clear plastic housing which has now caused them to start looking cloudy like old headlights. The leds still work though but they'll definitely need replacing soon just because they make the truck look bad. Cloudy headlights can really cause a truck to look old. I've also heard of moisture in them but mine haven't had that issue.

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
I bought the cheap black spyder ones off ebay and they lasted about a year and a half before this clear thin film started flaking off the outside of the clear plastic housing which has now caused them to start looking cloudy like old headlights. The leds still work though but they'll definitely need replacing soon just because they make the truck look bad. Cloudy headlights can really cause a truck to look old. I've also heard of moisture in them but mine haven't had that issue.

Thanks for the info. See thats my main concearn. Is all these knock offs im afraid wont last. Im planning on holding onto this truck for a while so i wanna have it done right even if it has to be a little pricier. Im just not very thrilled with the fully smoked ones. Thats why i was leaning toward the painted stock ones. I was just trying to see some pics and how or who did anyones, what other guys did or how they did it. When i saw this look i first thought of the harley edition on the 6.0s. (Since im new to the 6.7) Until i dug into the forums and realized you actually paint them yourself and besides blueflame i cant find anyone that does them. Im just not very confident any local shop would do that. I wanna get my bumper and grille bezel painted white anyway but im just not very confident

09dcc91e16f6596a44b25184f101b7ed.jpg

WHY NOT

Reaction score
White trucks just don't look good with painted headlights, I have yet to see a set that actually look really good. Some look decent but thats about all the better they get. I wouldn't run the recon stuff. Seems more people have issues with them than not. You need a projector if your going to put in an HID bulb too, it will blind the crap out of everyone and have a horrible beam pattern if you just try to put the bulb in

Dustin@STI

Reaction score
I have the Anzo headlights and like them. The bulbs that come with them are not any better than factory. You have to add HIDs to get the most out of them.dims are projectors. Highs are not. Please excuse the chrome grille. It needs to be PTM....

Attachments

• 20160905_165354.jpg
    20160905_165354.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I never saw any headlights that I liked on a white truck, I don't like how the stock headlights look when they are painted white so I rolled the dice on some cheap Amazon headlights and I ended up liking them.

8980a7e1d40ed1d9e3585794847b14f4.jpg

Can't really comment on the performance I barely drive my truck.

i kinda like them.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Custom lights

Here's mine. Projectors are growing on me LOL. But with these being custom there probably around $1500+, idk.

Attachments

• IMG_3207.JPG
    IMG_3207.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 181

Members online

No members online now.