transmission/ torque converter questions

FORDPWR

Reaction score
I bought a 2012 6.7 in March with 116k miles. It now has 118k miles and every once in a while when it downshifts from 6 to 5 while going up a hill it will do somewhat of a shutter shift. Nothing harsh or slamming just shuttery. It doesn't do it every time but it happens more than I'd like. Could I have a bad solenoid or is the converter acting up? I changed the trans fluid and filter, smelled and looked like new. Any advice would be great, thanks.

doo dah

Reaction score
Hard to say for sure. I've had shifting issues that have not been solved through tuning for a couple years. I experience different shifts under different conditions, many times going to manual mode will improve things. I am sure that I have parts that need replaced but I have 207k miles on it and no issues outside of the shifts. Very little slip except under full boost in 4th gear, temps are always nice and cool, and fluid looks good so I'm not going to replace it until it gives out which might be a very long time. I know this doesn't answer your question directly but trying to let you know that these things exhibit so many different "issues" that it is hard to pinpoint exactly what it is. Could be tuning or a solenoid or something completely different. I'd say don't fret it.

FORDPWR

Reaction score
Alright thanks. Hard to pinpoint when it is never consistent. My temp is always 200 degrees, fluid smells and looks like new also.

Latest posts

Members online