A/c problem on my 02

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
That is the one I'm going to put in next spring as its a variable one and if there's any lift over debris in my evaporator it will clog it to where it won't be variable anymore lol so I put in a new fixed one for now and the compressor filter so by next spring any left over anything will be caught in the 2 then I'll clean the compressor filter and put in the variable orifice tube then vac and recharge for good. Maybie then I'll just put the new evaporator in and new lines so the whole system is rebuilt.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Yeah, my Excursion is blowing ice cold up front and only occasionally cools in the rear. All my cooling lines are doing as they should on both sides of the expansion valve in the rear. I'm thinking it's the rear temp blend door. Only thing that makes me wonder is why the rear doesn't drip condensate on the ground when it's not cooling. Would the blend door not forcing air through the evaporator cause it to not drip back there? Like I said, the supply lines are ice cold and the return line is warm to the touch at the expansion valve.

So how about this, I have been having some slower starts. So I went to autozone to have the batteries tested since I have Duralast Golds. The passenger battery tested bad so it was replaced under warranty. This was over a week ago and my rear ac has been blowing ice cold ever since. Who would've thought???

Latest posts

Members online