New radius arm drop brackets to go 1.5" taller?

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Have a 3" rough country lift on my truck now with their spacer, radius arm drop brackets, and trac bar drop bracket. The brackets have two holes in them to set the arms at different heights if need be I'd assume. Would it be possible to pull the 3" spacer and put a 4.5" icon coil in instead? Maybe have to move the drop brackets to the next hole? If you could put a 1.5" level on a stock truck and not change anything couldn't you add 1.5" to a kit designed for a 3" lift?
Want to do a 3 link or I saw some Carli radius arm drop brackets for sale here too.
Would the ride be better with a 3 link, icon coils, and my 2.0 fox shocks, or better with icon coils, drop brackets, and 2.5" fox resi shocks?

sootie

Reaction score
for over 3.5" i beleive you just drop the arms to the lower hole. Either way, get your alignment checked and used cams to get the caster perfect.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'd bet that lower hole is for their 4" lift so they only had to make one bracket instead of 2. Maybe check their site for install instructions on the 4" and see if it mentions the other hole.

Either way, plenty of people put a spacer on top of a 8" coil or whatever and seem to make it. Like sootie said though, get your alignment checked after to verify.

Something else to remember is, at some point, you'll need a new pitman arm. I think that point is 4" but I really don't remember.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
I was thinking it was too but last time I called to ask they said it wasn't and it was a different part number for their 4". Don't really like the drop brackets anyways so probably just change them out.
As far as the ride goes, would a 3 link help the ride more than 2.5" resi shocks? Or the ofther way around? Both with Carli or icon coils.

Jomax

Reaction score
4.5 in is the max lift you can have on a stock pitman arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.