2002 7.3 build

psdguy95

Reaction score
Haven't posted here in a while since life got a little busy but I figured I'd share the build I did early this summer. Truck is a 2002 F350 7.3 with 170k on it. My goal is a fun 500-600 horse daily driver and weekend drag truck for now.

Build list...

Cryo treated forged rods and balanced rotating assembly
Fluidampr
Deliped, DFL, and ceramic coated pistons
Smithbros push rods
910 valve springs
ARP headstuds
FFD 250/200s
Irate diesel headers and T4 kit
S467.7
Irate fuel system
Adrenalin HPOP
Stage 1 cam
Full BTS transmission
PMF traction bars
Ditched the factory rear block for a F250 block
Hydra tuned by Dan Kropinak

image1_2.jpg

image2_1.jpg

image2_1.jpg

image3_1.jpg

image3_1.jpg

Reaction score
Sucker for a 7.3 build curious to see how it will run down the strip

psdguy95

Reaction score
Me too. I will have it at the track in October for sure. If I have time before then I will get it out sooner to get it dialed in.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Will do. I just scored a deal on some heads that are ported and polished so I will be swapping those in over winter. I'd like to get some track times in before I do that just to see if it makes any difference.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Will do. I just scored a deal on some heads that are ported and polished so I will be swapping those in over winter. I'd like to get some track times in before I do that just to see if it makes any difference.

I don't see how they wouldn't help. I also wonder if your setup in a regular cab would make any difference as I figure it would weigh less correct?

psdguy95

Reaction score
I'm sure it will help. One I get some base track numbers down I will compare them. As far as a regular cab goes it would be lighter. I will be making my truck lose some weight before I hit the track.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Think I should step up to a gen 3? I'm shooting for 600 horse with this setup but I've actually been debating if the adrenaline was enough by itself. I was also throwing the idea of nitrous around. And thank you! It was defiantly a budget build but I'm happy with it

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Think I should step up to a gen 3? I'm shooting for 600 horse with this setup but I've actually been debating if the adrenaline was enough by itself. I was also throwing the idea of nitrous around. And thank you! It was defiantly a budget build but I'm happy with it
that or add another hpop to it.. any of the drop in single hpop's are going to be maxed out and working their ass off to hit the 600 mark.. 500 would be ok, 550 it will start to work hard. unless its a srp modded by dynoproven to stay together then it would be ok.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

psdguy95

Reaction score
Hmm. I didn't know that. Well it looks like I'll look into more oil over winter then. Thanks for the input linconlocker.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I'm sure it will help. One I get some base track numbers down I will compare them. As far as a regular cab goes it would be lighter. I will be making my truck lose some weight before I hit the track.

OK it's a purdy truck and should haul a$$ with that amount of hp. I know mine with only 380hp feels pretty good even with a ailing trans.

Latest posts

Members online