Swamps IDM really matter now with other upgrades?

dmd

Reaction score
So the swamps IDM died. Does it really matter with the other upgrades I have?

I think it really helped with the stock injectors, but after it died i really
didn't notice much difference with a stock IDM and the 160/30 single
shots and ******** tunes.

It made a ton of difference towing with the stock injectors though, haven't
been towing at all since I put in the stock IDM so I am not sure if there would
be a difference.

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
Control over the solenoid is control over the solenoid but if you didn't notice you didn't notice.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
In my experience, modded IDM's do not make much of a difference, regardless of what injectors you are running.

Chris2590

Reaction score
I've never had a Swamps but the idm on my 97 got water in it and I put a super dutier in and I definitely noticed a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I swapped back and forward between the swamps and a stock unit when I had my 175/100s and BASB 96, only things we noticed with the swamps was slightly faster startup, crisp throttle response, and about 3-4psi more peak boost, no SOTP power difference though, but it was obviously doing helping, so I would have gone back with the swamps just based off my experience. Now on a stock injector truck with a tune, we noticed a substantial difference in throttle response and overall pulling power.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
That's wierd. I have a swamps idm with their 250s and tunes. My throttle response is TRASH. I've sent my chip back twice trying to get this fixed and all they try to do is sell me a hydra. Very disappointing when I've spent well over 15k with them

golfer

Reaction score
That's wierd. I have a swamps idm with their 250s and tunes. My throttle response is TRASH. I've sent my chip back twice trying to get this fixed and all they try to do is sell me a hydra. Very disappointing when I've spent well over 15k with them

sounds like this could be easily fixed with some tweaks to the ICP table.

shoot an email to [email protected] and we'll shoot out another chip/programs.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

Buying a Hydra would probably be the best thing you ever did, it becomes more and more worth the investment the more heavily modified the truck is. They can send you tunes instantly and there is no sending back and forth.

Latest posts

Members online