Made the plunge

slc6oh

Reaction score
Picked up a 15 today... its not the 6.0 as far as "fast" but **** its nice... im in love ha
329ac26c86fd078598e6d8dd8e8aa4bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
Stupid fender flares left nasty lines under em' ...gonna fix and paint this weekend... fender flares are bad mmmkay

(Glad i got good friends in the body/paint world)

8b91c677b72074175cdf1e3d7294dd67.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Stupid fender flares left nasty lines under em' ...gonna fix and paint this weekend... fender flares are bad mmmkay

(Glad i got good friends in the body/paint world)

8b91c677b72074175cdf1e3d7294dd67.jpg

most of the lines will buff out, you may have some small wear marks to touch up.

slc6oh

Reaction score
3 of 4 fenders are to bare metal, 1 is not quite to metal but beyond a cut and buff. Ive got a close friend thats a body guy for a living, his painter will spray it. Ill be less than 600 to fix. Sense all im buying is materials and the painters time ....

Still blows though... thats cutting into my ezlynk fund. Lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
3 of 4 fenders are to bare metal, 1 is not quite to metal but beyond a cut and buff. Ive got a close friend thats a body guy for a living, his painter will spray it. Ill be less than 600 to fix. Sense all im buying is materials and the painters time ....

well, at least you have a friend with ez lynk's LOL

Roccafellas

Reaction score

Flares aren't bad as long as you properly install them.
3M clear tape should be applied directly where the mating surface will be... (the part that touches paint.. run a strip of the thin 1/4" clear tape make a nice line the shape of the flare (take a marker.. put the flare on.. draw the outline of it.. place 3M clear tape to the BOTTOM of the line. And the flare will only touch that.. goodluck rubbing through that tough stuff. Thats what we do at my bodyshop all the time. Anything even mudflaps
Bodyside mouldings
Whatever.

sootie

Reaction score
Flares aren't bad as long as you properly install them.
3M clear tape should be applied directly where the mating surface will be... (the part that touches paint.. run a strip of the thin 1/4" clear tape make a nice line the shape of the flare (take a marker.. put the flare on.. draw the outline of it.. place 3M clear tape to the BOTTOM of the line. And the flare will only touch that.. goodluck rubbing through that tough stuff. Thats what we do at my bodyshop all the time. Anything even mudflaps
Bodyside mouldings
Whatever.

good advice

slc6oh

Reaction score
Get the truck back today, buddy says it turned out good. Hes more picky than i am, so that tells me it came out good. Ha

slc6oh

Reaction score
Before

9a54ae0ff8d5f68884afe1749a54994e.jpg

After

4d503b4ad0ef89ac9b0beeb1dad045aa.jpg

Could have maybe used some bondo, as at the right angle can still see the "groove" but im happy.

Now waiting to wash its going to kill me, its filthy lol
927c9b6b6d1957245188d6402833c03a.jpg

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Wouldn't need bondo unless there's an actual dent, that can be sanded down, and smooth 100%... 80-120-240-320 then prime
Sand with 500
Base and clear, done..
and bondo shrinks it's for the initial repair you always finish with a finishing putty, if anything for something so small. Finishing putty. Bondo would just shrink and crack if applied alone.

Latest posts