Cnc plasma tables

psduser1

Reaction score
So I am working with a small mechanical company now, and my buddy and I are getting a fabrication shop rolling for them.
We mainly build pipe spools, currently, but there is a market for transfer panels (food grade sanitary).
A deal popped up on a plasma cam brand table, and since I've never bought one, I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with them.
We've got both Lincoln and Miller dealers available, but their setups start at 30k. This table we are looking at is less than 3k, with a power source that works.
My question is how well will the software from plasmacam-which appears to be proprietary-play with more traditional cad programs?
Please bear in mind I have very little programming knowledge, lol. I know we can buy help, but really trying to get something set up that is fairly simple.

tigwerks

Reaction score
You'll need to do a lot of post op clean up on the cut edges of the panels to be sanitary friendly i imagine. we have cnc plasma that just sits since i outsource everything to laser. little to no clean up, cleaner cuts, not wasting time cleaning up panels which never looks as good as a laser cut surface, etc...

psduser1

Reaction score
Interesting.
We are definitely going to need to send the panels out to be refinished. Already planned on that.
I don't really know what pricing is on these, but I know what the labor is on our end.
There are applications in this business, so this purchase isn't based solely on transfer panel.

Latest posts

Members online