New to 'strokes, seems to be running crazy hot

cptmoney

Reaction score
OK bismic and crew -

IT WORKED!

I hard wired the fan using bismic's instructions, and ran her all morning in some serious heat - and she never topped 190. Not even 191. Most of the time was in the 180s.

I wasn't pulling a load or anything, but just driving around warming her up I hit 210°, so I know she was warm. As soon as I grounded that circuit, however - she never got above 190.

It did throw the fan code, but it forced the fan to come on.

Now - what does that tell me? I know that the fan does work, but nothing is telling it to come alive. What do I need to do from here? Figure out why nothing is calling for the fan? What's next?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jtreece

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out your problem? I was having the same issue, I replaced the fan clutch, coolant temp sensor, bypass filter and tstat. seemed to fix my issue but I am probably going to bypass the fan wiring as you did just in case. Does it hurt the fan clutch to leave in engaged all the time?

cptmoney

Reaction score
I sold the truck, but the gentleman I sold it to was headed to the 7.3 adapter himself. He loves the mechanical advantage. Said it's the bulletproof option.

79jasper

Reaction score
I sold the truck, but the gentleman I sold it to was headed to the 7.3 adapter himself. He loves the mechanical advantage. Said it's the bulletproof option.
Enlighten us. I'm here to learn. That's why I signed up for this forum.
Well for one, "7.3" isnt a engine series. It's a size Of which ford has 3 models. N/A IDI, IDIT, and the powerstroke.
The only one mechanical one is the idi engines. (88-94) which are grossly under powered and no where near being "bulletproof."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well for one, "7.3" isnt a engine series. It's a size Of which ford has 3 models. N/A IDI, IDIT, and the powerstroke.
The only one mechanical one is the idi engines. (88-94) which are grossly under powered and no where near being "bulletproof."

They were talking about the bulletproof diesel adapter to run a mechanical obs powerstroke style fan clutch, instead of the failure prone electric over hydraulic 6.0 fan clutch setup...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Huh... oh well. Maybe still learned something. Lol
Guess I've been seeing too many "put a CumminGs in it."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.