Dual Terminator HPOP low oil pressure issue

VegasFMF

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help tracking down a low oil pressure issue I'm having. The oil gauge never moves it has very little power and running rough. Here are some readings from AE. Any ideas?

Not running
IMG_2806.jpg

Idle
IMG_2812.jpg

WOT uphill
IMG_2778.jpg

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Did this problem just start happening. It looks like you need to tell your tuning guy to increase injection pressure because the duty cycle is not high like it’s struggling to make that pressure and at idle that seems to be a normal pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasFMF

Reaction score
I installed the Dual Terminators about 1 1/2 ago along with a set of PIS 250/200 Injectors.. Ive had this problem since. I got really busy right after the install and kinda lost interest. I have not driven it much since, Im going to be needing to truck a lot more now. I thought it might be a tuning problem too.. it was originally tuned by Dyno Proven, I just got tunes from ******** and nothing has changed.

VegasFMF

Reaction score
About 600 miles since the HPOP was installed. I was thinking I might have a bad MAP sensor so I unplugged it and nothing changed. I just took it out for a drive and its actually running really good other then being sluggish and very little power. Idles smooth

VegasFMF

Reaction score
Drivers battery has 12.5 volts not running, passenger battery is 12.25
I noticed the hose to the map sensor wasn't all the way on. The original ICP sensor was still on the truck, I noticed oil on the plug so I replaced the sensor today with a factory one. After the new sensor and fixing the map sensor leak nothing has changed in performance.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Personally i would change it. About 90% of the time, cleaning it doesnt work. A lot of times the oil gets up the wires and the insulation wears off around 1-2 inches from the pigtail, and youll have a short there, and that causes all sort of goofy chit

VegasFMF

Reaction score
Ok, i'll order in a new pigtail. Fuel pressure is holding steady at 60 psi.
Oil pressure on the HPOP reservoir is 35 psi at idle.. brought the rpm's to 2,000 while parked and it dropped to 28 psi