Starting

bad moose

Reaction score
I don't know if it s a problem or not but it seems when cold it takes a little bit longer or more effort to start. Oil pressure is not an issue.

I lost a hfcm before Thanksgiving and it was replaced by the dealer. Prior going to the dealer I detuned back to stock while waiting for the tow truck. Advised dealer not to program it. As it's an 03 I didn't think they would bother but advised against it anyways. Picked up the truck and started it in the lot and she popped right off. Went and got fuel and drove it back to the farm. Put in Aggressive Street my winter tune and it seemed to take a little to pop off and run. Didn't give it much thought figuring it's in the tune. Fired up as normal ever since. Longer crank and we're talking about 5 seconds or so. Nothing out of what was going on prior to the hfcm. Well I started to daily drive it to work. 20 minutes Highway and city driving. Temps dropped to 25 to 35 degrees engine temps after 8 hours 45 to 55 f. Thursday wouldn't start cycled key second time popped right of, with excessive fuel smoke. Hmmmmm. Friday same conditions excessive fuel smoke but started ok. (same cranks as usual) Morning starts no problem, no smoke, pretty much the same engine temps. Tiday no problem all day. hiway and city driving with a bunch of on offs. Started really good today possibly less cranks.

Any thoughts? Am I just paranoid with the hfcm, or air? Possibly tune issues?

The FICM is tuned with an 03 40hp tune also.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
might be an oil issue or a fuel issue.. other then that it is hard to tell if everything else hasnt changed. did you try switching back to the tune it was in before?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online