Towing with tunes

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Depends on the total combined weight and how connected your right foot is to your brain in your top head.
If its only the truck and a jet ski anything.
If its 20,000# behind the truck and you have to climb 7+% grades I would only use a tow tune.
When I had my 04, when I towed over 10,000 I used the tow tune, anything udner I towed on a street tune. Just watch the temps.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I'm reviving this, because my searches are NOT producing anything I want.

I'm going to need to haul my friend's crew cab 1500, 2WD sierra about 2 hrs North of me in the next two weeks. My '16 is warhammer tuned, and want to know if the fueling is too aggressive to tow with. I'm guessing I'm only going to be at around 7k, maybe. Mostly flat land, 65 MPH all the way up.

Thanks.

Jomax

Reaction score

I'm going to need to haul my friend's crew cab 1500, 2WD sierra about 2 hrs North of me in the next two weeks. My '16 is warhammer tuned, and want to know if the fueling is too aggressive to tow with. I'm guessing I'm only going to be at around 7k, maybe. Mostly flat land, 65 MPH all the way up.

Thanks.

I tow 10k plus in my race tune. With 7k pounds, I wouldn't even worry. That's me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
7-8k isn't hardly any weight at all, but I haven't towed since tune. Thanks. I'll leave warhammer loaded and just drop it down a notch. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
My 16 is not tuned so can't comment on them other than I would watch the temps with the truck in high gear and also slip on the TC. Lot of torque to grunt over stuff.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
TB.. Maybe I should just talk you into swapping trucks for a day. Think that foe-fiddy will pull a half ton to Fresno? LOL

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I need to change my picture. I sold the 450. But yes it would it is a beast of a truck. The 6.7 stock is amazing to me though. The 350 I have now is an animal. I can't imagine tuned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Thanks.
let her rip tater chip!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

workingdan

Reaction score

Thanks.
I tow my 18k toy hauler with mm canned street tune with no problems. Temps get a little warm on steeper grades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I need to change my picture. I sold the 450. But yes it would it is a beast of a truck. The 6.7 stock is amazing to me though. The 350 I have now is an animal. I can't imagine tuned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking your new super duty was '450 too. Right when you said that, it clicked.

I really liked the way the stock truck drove. I hated the regens and constant supply of DEF.