What EGT Temps are you getting?

mckinney1

Reaction score
My 2015 F-250 went on a diet about 2k miles ago. I have been working some of the issues out and think I have it all dialed in finally. Now, I am trying to figure out what safe EGT temps are for my truck, there is so much information out there and I was told that I should see this or that. But mine seems to run high?
I was having issue getting my EGT's to read, so for the first 2k miles I did not know what they were. I have towed my 15k+ 5th wheel up some large passes and i would stay on it in Tow tune. I have heard not to go above 1400 degrees but wanted to hear from you all. I am a little worried that I may have been pushing the truck too hard without knowing what the EGT's were. I was told that I should not go into the danger zone while in tow tune.
I see around 725 degrees just driving while on the pedal and 1050 getting on it for about 10 seconds.

What have I don't to my truck:
SCT Livewire TS
No Limit SOTF (tow tune, street, hot street and race tune)
4" race pipe in place of the ***
No Limit Stage II intake
No Limit EGR Blocker plates
Punch It Performance Probe installed in block off plate
Aluminum Intercooler replacement rube
Billet throttle body replacement- as part of intercooler replacement

What are you all seeing for temps and sense I only did the 4" racepipe where the *** was, I hear a lot of hissing from the exhaust. Is that normal?? They said it was.

Thank you

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Unloaded I run 550-650*F in town/HWY speeds up to 75MPH. If I hit the pedal hard holding 50%+ pedal input at 20+PSI boost it's closer to 850+*.

mckinney1

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Did you all get any hissing in your exhaust? I still have the stock tailpipe and muffler set up and wonder if that is the cause??
At idle it sounds great, but once I get on the gas a little the hiss starts.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Did you all get any hissing in your exhaust? I still have the stock tailpipe and muffler set up and wonder if that is the cause??
At idle it sounds great, but once I get on the gas a little the hiss starts.

I have almost the identical setup as you. Everything except the No-Limit intake. I get the hiss as well just off idle as well annoying when backing the 5the wheel.

mckinney1

Reaction score
Glad to know I am not the only one that gets this, meaning it's normal in our configuration.
I would love to know if we remove the stock pipe and muffler starting from the new 4" straight pipe back and replace it with just 4" pipe back if that goes away?
It's kind of annoying!

04cr450

Reaction score
That sound will remain when getting on the fuel pedal. Its the turbo that causes the hiss. Its really noticeable with a 5" straight.. i have the exact setup as well and my temps are the same.

Jomax

Reaction score
The hiss is thanks to VGT.

For safe egts. I didnt care. When I had my 2015 I hit 2,000degrees in that poor thing countless times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mckinney1

Reaction score
That sound will remain when getting on the fuel pedal. Its the turbo that causes the hiss. Its really noticeable with a 5" straight.. i have the exact setup as well and my temps are the same.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like leaving the stock tail end of the exhaust with muffler is the way to go then??

mckinney1

Reaction score

For safe egts. I didnt care. When I had my 2015 I hit 2,000degrees in that poor thing countless times.

It sounds like you have had good luck with yours and how you cared for it. I have read a lot of your posts.
I don't think I will be running mine as hard as you did yours. I got my truck to tow the boat at 5k#, the 5th wheel at 16,600#, although I will never tow it with all the tanks full so it should not ever get that heavy and the enclosed trailer that should see no more than 4500#.
My point to the above is that I was having issue with the *** and regen and was in the shop a couple times times with less than 17000 miles on it and just wanted to get rid of the headache, get some reliability along with a little more power of course!

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I like the sleeper look. Yea i know its a giant land yacht f350 but i get so many people because they think its stock and it looks like a work truck...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
Exhaust won't do a ton for the hiss. I have 5" and the hiss was the same with and without a muffler. I replaced the turbo with S363 so no more hiss (not why I replaced the turbo :) )

As for EGT, mine are around the same as yours. I had a boot blow on the intercooler in the middle of west texas with a 15k lb fiver hooked up, ran at 1300 to 1400 degrees for 300 miles with no ill effect.

08Monster

Reaction score

Holy ***. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mckinney1

Reaction score
Great input guys, thank you for the comments. It really helps to get feedback from those who have already tried it.
If the stock muffler and tip wont change anything besides the looks I'll keep it and have the sleeper look and maybe it will help keep it a little quieter so it's not too loud.

mckinney1

Reaction score
Exhaust won't do a ton for the hiss. I have 5" and the hiss was the same with and without a muffler. I replaced the turbo with S363 so no more hiss (not why I replaced the turbo :) )

As for EGT, mine are around the same as yours. I had a boot blow on the intercooler in the middle of west texas with a 15k lb fiver hooked up, ran at 1300 to 1400 degrees for 300 miles with no ill effect.

I have heard the stock turbo goes out early on these trucks. I will have to keep the S363 in mind.
Did you have to change anything else along with the turbo to make it work?

sootie

Reaction score
The turbos are fine on the 15's -16's. It is the early model trucks that had the failures

and the early failures were typically from overspeeding with aftermarket calibrations

Latest posts

Members online