Fi 476r with 350/400s

Reaction score
Running a box 75 and Want to upgrade to a billet forced inductions s476 question is has anyone ran it with a 96 wheel. Don’t know wether to go 92/1.10 or 96/1.10? 96 is 100$ cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
Running a box 75 and Want to upgrade to a billet forced inductions s476 question is has anyone ran it with a 96 wheel. Don’t know wether to go 92/1.10 or 96/1.10? 96 is 100$ cheaper.

Depends alittle on the rest of your setup and what you use the truck for, smaller turbine should be alittle less laggy for you, the 88/96 will let the engine breath at higher rpm and not be choked down, but the 92 wheel shouldn't be too restrictive at all.

Swaan

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that 96 turbine would be a laggy smokey biatch as a single. Great in a twin setup thou. I'd stick with the smaller turbine. Your going to save $100 at the cost of drivability?

Reaction score
Yeah price is not a huge factor. I plan on racing the truck. 2 stages of nitrous with a 45mm gate. From what I’m gathering I can only find one 7.3 running a 96 wheel with the fi476. Everyone else has ran the 92.

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
Yeah price is not a huge factor. I plan on racing the truck. 2 stages of nitrous with a 45mm gate. From what I’m gathering I can only find one 7.3 running a 96 wheel with the fi476. Everyone else has ran the 92.

Well I have ran both an 80 and a 76mm with the 96 turbine with PIS 300/400's on my street truck and they really made noticeably more unrestricted power compared to the smaller turbines, for racing I would recommend the bigger turbine, we went [email protected] with the s480 w/96 turbine, now we run a Garrett GT55 w crazy big turbine 102/112, look for some high 140's or a 150mph in the 1/8 by the end of the year

Reaction score
Well I have ran both an 80 and a 76mm with the 96 turbine with PIS 300/400's on my street truck and they really made noticeably more unrestricted power compared to the smaller turbines, for racing I would recommend the bigger turbine, we went [email protected] with the s480 w/96 turbine, now we run a Garrett GT55 w crazy big turbine 102/112, look for some high 140's or a 150mph in the 1/8 by the end of the year

Thank you for the input. That’s just flat out flying, I saw a video of your truck running. Good luck I’ll be watching for it

hucorey

Reaction score

That the charger I sold you Brian?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
That the charger I sold you Brian?

No, I already had an 88mm Garrett on the race truck, the 92mm Garrett I got from you will be put it on as a big secondary charger on one of our street trucks. Currently it stays in the race trailer as the backup for the race truck though. It will spool it up pretty good

Last edited:

hucorey

Reaction score
No, I already had an 88mm Garrett on the race truck, the 92mm Garrett I got from you will be put it on as a big secondary charger on one of our street trucks. Currently it stays in the race trailer as the backup for the race truck though. It will spool it up pretty good

Awesome.

Pretty cool to see you keeping them common rails on their toes.

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
Awesome.

Pretty cool to see you keeping them common rails on their toes.

Thanks we're trying!! Only 3 common rail trucks faster than a 7.3 HEUI !!! More too come very soon from the Gray's Diesel camp, hoping we can break into the 4's in testing before the end of the year

hucorey

Reaction score
Thanks we're trying!! Only 3 common rail trucks faster than a 7.3 HEUI !!! More too come very soon from the Gray's Diesel camp, hoping we can break into the 4's in testing before the end of the year
But the 7.3 is a dead dinosaur platform.....Lol.

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
But the 7.3 is a dead dinosaur platform.....Lol.

Yes and no, obviously it's not the optimum combination but they are so much cheaper to upgrade and there is a ton of them out there so it is more affordable for people to put some money in them and I feel like there was still a lot left on the table with them, we are making 1040hp on fuel only as of Rt now which I would have told you was even impossible a year ago, it's fun for us now to hurt some Cummins feelings and it really has surpassed my original goals so we will just keep playing with it this coming year atleast. Our original goal was to have the Pro Street 7.3 record which we did easily in prostreet trim on maybe the 6th pass running a 9.30@145 and backing it up with a 9.28@146 without putting any of the new found power we have now in it and not spraying nitrous until after the 60' we could run mid 8's if we went back up to 4500lbs which i would have never dreamed possible

hucorey

Reaction score
I've always known there is alot more potential out of these engines. I just don't have any time to work on what I really want to. I've got WAY too many big irons in the fire right now and need to get them completed before we hit the track.

Biggest one is getting our shop addition complete. Then the P-pump kits 100% complete.

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
I've always known there is alot more potential out of these engines. I just don't have any time to work on what I really want to. I've got WAY too many big irons in the fire right now and need to get them completed before we hit the track.

Biggest one is getting our shop addition complete. Then the P-pump kits 100% complete.

Ya we have just been trying to make time, it's hard and that will be cool once you get those things going for sure!

Latest posts

Members online