Factory Fuel bowl and supply line

Outlaw Bill

Reaction score
Factory Fuel bowl and supply line limit

At what hp level does the fuel bowl/filter become a restriction and need to be removed along with upgrading the supply line?. I'm trying to figure out if its necessary to upgrade the entire the fuel system with 200/30 hybrid injectors. I know the factory fuel pump is marginal so that's getting replaced with a Bosch 044.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
At what hp level does the fuel bowl/filter become a restriction and need to be removed along with upgrading the supply line?. I'm trying to figure out if its necessary to upgrade the entire the fuel system with 200/30 hybrid injectors. I know the factory fuel pump is marginal so that's getting replaced with a Bosch 044.
I want to say that there has been some in the past hitting close to 600 with the stock fuel bowl. I know a few for sure where over 500. My dually is at 450 and has always had a stock bowl.

live life full throttle

Outlaw Bill

Reaction score
I want to say that there has been some in the past hitting close to 600 with the stock fuel bowl. I know a few for sure where over 500. My dually is at 450 and has always had a stock bowl.

live life full throttle
I would for sure rather keep it for budget reasons if its not a restriction for my needs.

Outlaw Bill

Reaction score
Id definitely recommend a regulated return if you dont have one though!

live life full throttle
Already has one but does not fit with new turbo setup and the regulator has seen better days, can't complain its lasted since 2001. So before I buy a new RR kit I wanted to be sure I did not need the bowl ****** and then redo the entire fuel system.

Outlaw Bill

Reaction score
Ended up with a FASS 125 Titanium Signature Series and the Strictly Diesel bowl ****** regulated return. Figured I would redo everything from the tank to the engine and be done with it.

Outlaw Bill

Reaction score
Good luck with the FASS....
One of those I did not want twin factory pumps and to tell the truth all the aftermarket pumps seem to have their share of negative experiences. The new FASS pumps seem to be more reliable so time will tell.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
One of those I did not want twin factory pumps and to tell the truth all the aftermarket pumps seem to have their share of negative experiences. The new FASS pumps seem to be more reliable so time will tell.
Nothing is as reliable as twin oem bosch 7.3 powerstroke fuel pumps period.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online