Ford Navigation with sync - Unclipped Line Out

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Ok good to know.

I don't trust that spreadsheet either cause its a generation newer that mine (2014, sync2?) and a complete different H/U I'm assuming since its F150.

I unfortunately don't have access to a o-scope or I'd fiddle myself. I was messing around recently and tried some of the values on that F150 spreadsheet, but nothing made an audible difference each time I changed a value. I figured if I was changing to a 4v un-amp'd signal, I'd have very minimal sound coming from the speakers in the stock config (H/U direct to speaker since I've got the non-sony system). Nothing changed though, volume knob functioned the same regardless of settings and sound was at normal levels.

Reaction score
Ok good to know.

I don't trust that spreadsheet either cause its a generation newer that mine (2014, sync2?) and a complete different H/U I'm assuming since its F150.

I unfortunately don't have access to a o-scope or I'd fiddle myself. I was messing around recently and tried some of the values on that F150 spreadsheet, but nothing made an audible difference each time I changed a value. I figured if I was changing to a 4v un-amp'd signal, I'd have very minimal sound coming from the speakers in the stock config (H/U direct to speaker since I've got the non-sony system). Nothing changed though, volume knob functioned the same regardless of settings and sound was at normal levels.

Not sure what's going on with yours... If you have been changing the values as described in the spreadsheet, you should have noticed some difference. some of those choices disable different channels. for example, one of the variables disables your rear speaker output completely.

I am not done tuning the system yet. next time I play with it I will try to take a video of the differences between variables....

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Agreed with your statement of disabling channels though. I tried a lot of different combos, and nothing changed. At least nothing I could tell anyway...

I'd have to believe that our ACMs are much more similar than the new style (aluminum bodies) so I appreciate the help. The way you have your setup now, does the factory volume knob control the volume as it was originally? or do you have a separate volume knob on the amp to the door speakers? (i.e. is your output variable or fixed)

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Agreed with your statement of disabling channels though. I tried a lot of different combos, and nothing changed. At least nothing I could tell anyway...

I'd have to believe that our ACMs are much more similar than the new style (aluminum bodies) so I appreciate the help. The way you have your setup now, does the factory volume knob control the volume as it was originally? or do you have a separate volume knob on the amp to the door speakers? (i.e. is your output variable or fixed)

I can choose to use either the Bitone or the head unit as a volume control. I chose to fix the bitone and use the head unit as a volume control. therefore, i have mine set to variable. I like modifying stuff, but I like it to be as functional as it was stock.

Using the Bitone for a volume source is PITA. Further, you loose the steering wheel controls.

FYI: my ACM was not discoverable originally with ForScan. I had to email them and they sent me a modified version of the software. they said they would incorporate this into later builds, not sure if they did. I haven't had time to play with this since then....

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Probably not intune with your stuff but on my 16 i was able to remove stuff on the radio so parts are avalible. I dont have a bunch of aftermarket stuff so past that i dont know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
I can choose to use either the Bitone or the head unit as a volume control. I chose to fix the bitone and use the head unit as a volume control. therefore, i have mine set to variable. I like modifying stuff, but I like it to be as functional as it was stock.

Using the Bitone for a volume source is PITA. Further, you loose the steering wheel controls.

FYI: my ACM was not discoverable originally with ForScan. I had to email them and they sent me a modified version of the software. they said they would incorporate this into later builds, not sure if they did. I haven't had time to play with this since then....

That's exactly how I wanted to set it up as well, stock as possible with great sound and full functionality. Glad to know you got it working at least. I may end up finding a friend with a scope so I can check this...or make new friends.

As far as discoverable, I can find the module just fine with forscan. Do you mean some lines of code weren't accessible in the module, or the whole module itself?

Probably not intune with your stuff but on my 16 i was able to remove stuff on the radio so parts are avalible. I dont have a bunch of aftermarket stuff so past that i dont know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Remove stuff?? like the tuning and line clipping or actual hardware?

Reaction score
That's exactly how I wanted to set it up as well, stock as possible with great sound and full functionality. Glad to know you got it working at least. I may end up finding a friend with a scope so I can check this...or make new friends.

As far as discoverable, I can find the module just fine with forscan. Do you mean some lines of code weren't accessible in the module, or the whole module itself?
If your version of Forscan is working, a variable change should correlate to an immediate reboot of the ACM.

When I first tried to access my ACM, i could not find the module with forscan. I knew it was there because there was as-built data for it. At first, i thought it was my OBDII to bluetooth connector. In conversation with ForScan, we ruled that out.

In the process of figuring out why I could not see the ACM, FORscan sent me another FORscan version. I uploaded it. Now i found the module, but any changes i made would not take.

Finally, FORscan sent another version which finally made it possible to edit the ACM. Using the last version they sent, when I make a change to the ACM, KOEO, the unit immediately shuts down, reboots, and the change is audible. Meaning, If i select 2-channel output - I loose two channels.

you can get a cheap scope to use with your laptop, google it... they're not the greatest, but it's enough to check for 4v output at 30-50hz at near max volume.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
If your version of Forscan is working, a variable change should correlate to an immediate reboot of the ACM.

When I first tried to access my ACM, i could not find the module with forscan. I knew it was there because there was as-built data for it. At first, i thought it was my OBDII to bluetooth connector. In conversation with ForScan, we ruled that out.

In the process of figuring out why I could not see the ACM, FORscan sent me another FORscan version. I uploaded it. Now i found the module, but any changes i made would not take.

Finally, FORscan sent another version which finally made it possible to edit the ACM. Using the last version they sent, when I make a change to the ACM, KOEO, the unit immediately shuts down, reboots, and the change is audible. Meaning, If i select 2-channel output - I loose two channels.

you can get a cheap scope to use with your laptop, google it... they're not the greatest, but it's enough to check for 4v output at 30-50hz at near max volume.

Ok, so every time I do make a change and write to the module, it does reboot ACM. But aside from that there is no audible difference that I can tell after change is made. I expected something durastic to happen since I'm changing from an amp'd signal to 4v un-amp'd, but I could be thinking about it all wrong...

I'll look into the scopes and try some more changes to see if I'm just crazy or something

slc6oh

Reaction score
Are the door speakers in the sony navi systems set up as mids? Would swapping say a p1 fosgate coax into the door crispen it up? All other things left alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Are the door speakers in the sony navi systems set up as mids? Would swapping say a p1 fosgate coax into the door crispen it up? All other things left alone?

I never scoped the original L/O off the original amp. However, if you install new speakers, they're still being fed a clipped output, that you cannot change, from that Sony amp.

I think the only way you can get a clean true output to the speaker is by cutting the Sony amp out of the equation.

Hope that helps.

slc6oh

Reaction score
I never scoped the original L/O off the original amp. However, if you install new speakers, they're still being fed a clipped output, that you cannot change, from that Sony amp.

I think the only way you can get a clean true output to the speaker is by cutting the Sony amp out of the equation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input sir!

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
https://pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-fd21

I bought one of these. Super easy to install. Gives a clean, 5V signal. It retains the Sony amp to keep all system chimes warning sounds and Sync functions. They have a wire harness coming out that plugs in line at the Sony amp with wire leads that can be installed to your aftermarket amp to run the mids, highs without cutting any factory wires. So far I’ve got a 10” Pioneer sub ran off a 500W Alpine and the bass sounds fantastic and gets punchier as you increase volume. Just waiting on that wire harness so I can get the mids, highs straightened out.

Latest posts

Members online