Truck Fked. Any advice?

sixmassive

Reaction score
I did a network voltage check and the data circuits are seeing 2.5-3.5v and 1.5-2.5v.

I don’t have access to the WSM, only caught a screen shot in a Powerstroke DR video.

Last edited:

sixmassive

Reaction score
Tried to load a stock file, can’t communicate with PCM

Ran a manual network test and all modules failed. So maybe something within the CAN bus. Possibly still this PATS issue. Not sure how to test or if I should just buy a new transceiver and have keys programmed to it

Harley-6.4

Reaction score
With the SCT programmer, does it tell you the current tune status, like what’s on the truck, Ex. Stock, Race, etc because of it can do that than there must be a connection of some sort to the PCM. Also you could b having a bad connection between the obd port and the PCM that has also happened to me in the past.

sixmassive

Reaction score
With the new PCM there is no comms and reading mismatch of VIN.
The SCT will not read anything with the new PCM and will not even read DTCs or the strategy.
Tomorrow I’m going to swap the old PCM in and try to get communication. If I can then I know the new PCM needs to be returned. I dunno. It’s a ****sandy right now.

sixmassive

Reaction score
Not yet. Sending new PCM back. I installed the old and was able to read DTCs so there much be something wrong with how the new PCM was programmed.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
The new one probably wasnt programmed to your truck, that's more than likely why it wasn't communicating. On the new trucks if you replace the pcm you have to take the truck to someone that can program the pcm to every drivetrain related system on your truck otherwise everything gets confused and wont know what to do so therefore won't work.

sootie

Reaction score
The new one probably wasnt programmed to your truck, that's more than likely why it wasn't communicating. On the new trucks if you replace the pcm you have to take the truck to someone that can program the pcm to every drivetrain related system on your truck otherwise everything gets confused and wont know what to do so therefore won't work.

correct

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
buy a bcm for like 180 bucks online and drop the truck off with the truck at a ford dealer if that's an option. I believe they need to copy files off the bm while it's in the truck and then install the new one, and flash it back. I just went through this a few weeks ago.

sixmassive

Reaction score
OK so we are back on the road.

I received the New PCM, reprogrammed the PATS with the IDS software, and then had to chase down some bad relays and fuses.

THere was a short on the passenger side battery cable to the starter, and a couple blown fuses that weren't there before. I was able to get my toonz back in.

Chasing down a few things: The lock mechanism for the PCM connectors cracked and are fell off. Need to replace those.

The DashD aq is only picking up TFT. No EGT, RPM, FRP, ect. Any ideas?

thanks!

Latest posts

Members online