Why Tyrant?

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Don't shoot me, I'm just wondering.

I'm apart of a group on facebook for the 6.7. Ever time somebody asks about a tune for their truck, everybody says Tyrant.

When you read here, it's all spertern and some K Willis files.

Not knocking anybody's files here, but why is Tyrant so popular with the facebook fellas, and not as popular here?

Bruski

Reaction score
I had the same question. If sct. They say tyrant on that fb page and on here they back ******** ..
I still haven't pulled the trigger sounds like both have good reviews

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I just posted the same question on that page. Give it a follow. Everybody just says he has good support and writes a good tune. I asked, "What makes it a good tune", and not very many replies came in.

I'm just curious is all. I love the files I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Mike sells both, so you should get great support for either of them. Tyrant is a site sponsor. Those that have tried both on here have liked both, it seems. Like everything else, some prefer one over the other.

Jomax may have tried Tyrant. I can't remember, but his picky truck apparently likes GHead the best. There was another guy who had tried a bunch of tunes that was gonna give them a shot. Collins maybe. Don't remember seeing a thread, though.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yep we sell both. tyrant and GH both run great . let us know if we can help !

06-sixoh

Reaction score
If I could get a tune for my EZ Lynk from Tyrant, I would give them a shot. I'm not going to go back to an SCT though.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
How soon we talkin'? Is he making more power than the War hammer?

ncollins64

Reaction score
From talking with him today it should be within a couple months but it's hard to tell. I haven't dynoed s partns tunes but he did put down more than my gh tunes. And his trans tuning is awesome. I'll have a write up when I get back from Wyoming this week.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Having the EZ Lynk is amazing. Pulling tunes from the cloud is a cinch. I can watch my vitals from my phone or an ipad. I can pull DTC's and clear them from the EZ Lynk. It's cake.

Couple months isn't far off. I would like to see what else is out there. I'm sure a file load will cost around $1000.

04cr450

Reaction score
i have been wanting to try out tyrant tunes- but, my gh tunes have been great plenty of power for what i do with the truck. I am sure this has been asked but from experienced users: what are the noticeable differences from gh street and hot tunes to the tyrant tunes alike?

ncollins64

Reaction score
My experience, tyrant fuels harder, quicker spooling, more top end, better trans tuning etc. I have zero complaints with gh, there just more conservative IMO.

04cr450

Reaction score
gotcha.. i came from the 6.0 world and the way you describe gh tunes is similar to the 6.0's - great dependable files but"conservative tunes". my biggest complaint with gh tunes on the 6.7 platform is the overdrive kicking in at 43-45 mph... if you are cruising at that speed which i do since i am on alot of back country roads, the trans does not know what gear it wants to be in much like when it was when stock.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
SRL+ was my go to with the 06. Loved the clean power. After i got the built trans tuned, it was solid.

I was going to go SCT when I tuned this truck. But there's clearly better options. Buy once, cry once.

Jomax

Reaction score
i have been wanting to try out tyrant tunes- but, my gh tunes have been great plenty of power for what i do with the truck. I am sure this has been asked but from experienced users: what are the noticeable differences from gh street and hot tunes to the tyrant tunes alike?

My experience, tyrant fuels harder, quicker spooling, more top end, better trans tuning etc. I have zero complaints with gh, there just more conservative IMO.

This is what makes my mind blow, it seems that every 6.7 acts different.

Race tune for race tune, tyrant smoked more and had less power.

I stuck with GH. For my truck. 40k miles in the race tune, trans is still perfect. I can't complain.

Jomax

Reaction score
agreed on the srl++ i just went with sct on the 6.7 due to simplicity and tried and true. I am comfortable with sct

I won't be upgrading either, I never leave my race tune, and I have cts2

04cr450

Reaction score
See^^^ this is what I wanted to here lol only thing I need add to the mod list is a cts monitor. Good to know Jomax- I know your truck has been thru it all!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.