Testing the STC fitting

01REDSTROKER

Reaction score
Pulled the ipr and the screen had a large hole in it. Pulled the hpop cover and found an updated stc fitting already installed.
What causes the ipr screen to come apart like that?
Do I need to dig further in to it?

webb06

Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread but did you verify the ipr is working? If you haven't found a leak and the ipr is working then its most likely the pump itself

Reaction score
if the oil cooler has been done recently and not cleaned properly around it before removed, it could have got some trash in it form there. if you can ook inside the ipr you might see the peice in there, you might be able to fish it out, but to be sure replace it. if you have the tools and time, i would reccomend to removed oil cooler and pump and clean out everything out of there and reseal everything.

01REDSTROKER

Reaction score
we had a small leak on the oil cooler cover a few weeks ago, so we pulled it and rebuilt it. I am a 100% sure we didnt get and trash in there ( had the starting issue before). Im going to pull the pump and clean. since the truck is down going to pull the VC's and make sure of the stand pipes and plugs.

does any one have a part number or web site that sales just the hpop cover o rings,
IPR, and updated stand pipes and dummy plugs

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
go to ford and get a new pump, I bet that one is on its way out

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

01REDSTROKER

Reaction score
Pulled the injectors and stand pipes, found a lot of trashed o rings.
Going to send the injectors out to Holderdown to get rebuilt.

Lassie

Reaction score
Don't forget the dummy plugs. If you're in that far, do as PSE suggested, get it all.....and the dummy plugs are pretty common to fail.

And did you ever do an air test? Your HPO pressure was so low, I don't see any oring leaks causing it. Did you hear lots of air at the pump seal?

01REDSTROKER

Reaction score
Found the ipr screen stuck up inside the ipr and one standpipe had all the o rings split in two.
Replacing the ipr all the standpipes and dummy plugs. Rebuilding the injectors.
I would like just replace the pump but I'm going to see if it will work for now.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Found the ipr screen stuck up inside the ipr and one standpipe had all the o rings split in two.
Replacing the ipr all the standpipes and dummy plugs. Rebuilding the injectors.
I would like just replace the pump but I'm going to see if it will work for now.

it's shot, seen this problem 15 times

Sent while spinning 18 wheels