Need a new transmission

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
So today driving something must have flew up and took out my transmission pan. It's got a big 4" cut in it. Lost all fluid while driving. FML !!!

Anyway, that being said...... Any good aftermarket companies that build good ones? Also recommendations on a good torque converter.

I run 40's, 12" lift, fully ******d, 4" turbo back, cold air intake and tuned by tyrant

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
"something must have flew up and took out my transmission pan"

Ok....no fuggin way something hit you THAT hard, and you didn't notice.

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
"something must have flew up and took out my transmission pan"

Ok....no fuggin way something hit you THAT hard, and you didn't notice.
Ok..... Right. Can't fool you! It's a 3" cut. Truck is loud as **** and has road drone from 40's. And I like my music. I don't drive around listening for ****. It was probably a piece of rebar or a tpost or something where I'm building my house. Not like I got a ****in axe out and hit it dude!

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
Here it is
0f850d12e821949959184691b7fd244c.jpg

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
**** I don't know maybe it exploded lol! Whatever it was I did not hear it!!

torque beast

Reaction score
Looks to me like metal is pushed in like something punctured it. Would like to know what is was with you that high off the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
Looks to me like metal is pushed in like something punctured it. Would like to know what is was with you that high off the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah me too! I have no idea what it was! I'm still in disbelief lol

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Why not put a new pan on and fill it and see how it is? May have stopped moving cause you're out of fluid

Mhatlen

Reaction score
Pull the pan and see if it looks good, metal free by good. If it looks good then by God get to it. By all means go buy a heavy aluminum pan with fins so it bounces off next time. Install the pan and top off the transmission. I would have 12 quarts on hand because torque converter is only place full .
Start truck in idle run shifter through all the gears keep pouring in until full. Then see how she does.

I don’t think you are gonna have any problems, like Mint6.0 stated you lost your fluid. No fluid no hydraulic pressure for any control.

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
Yep, trans needs oil to work the TC. Low on oil and they cant transfer the power. New
pan and fluid and it will probably be fine.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
put a pan and oil in it. if it runs like $hit call me ! i'll get you taken care of, we sell midwest, elite and suncoast !

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
So after the pan and fluid the 3-4,4-5 shifts under throttle blow through it. Under normal low throttle driving it's ok. At first I thought I escaped without any damage.

Latest posts

Members online