Swapping a 6.9-7.3 IDI in a 1994 Bronco?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I just want to know how hard it would be to swap one of the IDI's in my 1994 bronco. What would I need to make the conversion as easy as possible would the IDI bolt up to the E4OD? what else would I need (Part's Wise) thanks in advance. It has a 5.8 351W EFI in it right now. Also the price for all the parts including the engine?

Last edited:

mustube

Reaction score
Why? For what it would cost, you could put together a pretty hot 351 that I think you would be much happier with.
But if you really wanted to do it, a complete parts truck would be the easiest way. Your e4od won't bolt up. You won't make much power even with a turbo kit, just lots of noise. If you were to go through the trouble I would bolt in something capable of making more power.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Why? For what it would cost, you could put together a pretty hot 351 that I think you would be much happier with.
But if you really wanted to do it, a complete parts truck would be the easiest way. Your e4od won't bolt up. You won't make much power even with a turbo kit, just lots of noise. If you were to go through the trouble I would bolt in something capable of making more power.
I was thinking because of there no electronics to run it so I'll be easy to swap. (I know I know ) and gassers are overrated LOL but my 351 1994 bronco has. 127,000. orginal miles (but I'd rather have a diesel under the hood) :ford:

Latest posts

Members online