Another obs 7.3 intermentin miss thread

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I replaced that pigtail with a brand new one as well as both valve cover gaskets and uvch's and my truck still has a miss but this time it's the entire left bank is there a ground anywhere that I maybe missing or something?

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Here's your sign......
When will people learn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ok I did not go cheap when buying the gaskets for my truck and besides they're all made in China anyway so I dont appreciate that comment. I am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for and that's why I never go cheap (advanced was $43 for one gasket and harness and O'Reilly was $62 for one gasket and harness and considering there are kits out there for both sides for $40) I didn't go cheap on these gaskets.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
If I wanted to I could've went to Amazon and both valve cover gaskets and harnesses for $40 but I chose not because I dont ever buy the cheapest in fact if I could afford it I would buy the most expensive every time. I would've went with factory original but since dorman Ford, international, and Alliant all come from China and more than likely the same factory in china then why pay the markup?

79jasper

Reaction score
Quality control standards.
I'm done here. Can't help the helpless. Good luck when those UVCH short and fry your idm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

wildbill963258

Reaction score
And besides that I may have messed it up myself because as I stated earlier I replaced a pigtail for the left bank which is the bank that's acting up and I very easily could've miss connected a wire. That's the reason I was asking how the uvch gets its ground. But since you wanna be a smartass asswhole about the situation then I can be one too. And you know what you could be right I could have a faulty brand new uvch but that can happen no matter what brand you buy. So anyone else have any helpful input? Could I have miswired something when changing out pigtails?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
And besides that I may have messed it up myself because as I stated earlier I replaced a pigtail for the left bank which is the bank that's acting up and I very easily could've miss connected a wire. That's the reason I was asking how the uvch gets its ground. But since you wanna be a smartass asswhole about the situation then I can be one too. And you know what you could be right I could have a faulty brand new uvch but that can happen no matter what brand you buy. So anyone else have any helpful input? Could I have miswired something when changing out pigtails?
Well, odds have been that dormans are the culprit. I have heard of maybe 2 successful attempts at using dorman uvch or gaskets out of many many attemps. You are right that you could have ***ed something up. But always always use motorcraft sensors, gaskets, or uvch on a 7.3 period.... or international on some of them but never dorman..

live life full throttle

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Well determined that it was more likely a faulty valve cover gasket and uvch that was bought brand new because I pulled the unplug test on the entire left bank (unplugged both at the same time)

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I can start the truck with the left bank unplugged and the CEL will be off but as soon as I plug the left bank in while its running it will do the buzz test and immediately throw the CEL back on and start to miss. So I'm here at the parts store where I got the left banks valve cover gasket and harness from to order another one (not one off the shelf because a former employee told me a little secret about how they handle incoming inventory off the truck) to get me by til I can swing by international and get me another set.

Latest posts

Members online