2011 F-350 with aftermarket parts

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I just test drive a 2011 F-350 DRW 69k miles. It has h&s tuner no limit egr,def ****** kit mpd piping in red coating and think it's a hxe turbo with 5" exhaust. Sounds really good and has a nice whistle. I'm not too familiar with the 6.7's. I've read about turbo issues and cooling problems. It has a hose coming out of the degas bottle sinister diesel. The programmer ask for a key code. The dealer has zero info on this stuff so I'm asking you guys is this a good deal? Is this the right parts? I don't like the air filter cause it's uncovered unlike my 7.3 s&b.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Here's a pic of turbo

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 168

JHTX

Reaction score
Look at manufacture date if after 4/11 it should not have the valve metallurgy issue that can grenade a motor. Just something to be aware of on gen 1. MPD kits with a BW SXE turbo came with everything from 363 up to 369 and think I see the BW stamp. Might have a dual fueler setup with that turbo. Has some good upgrades you want to see on a 11 with SS turbo gone. Some of the better flowing intakes from NL are uncovered and the MPD kit comes with an uncovered intake. As far as the H&S key code may need to be unlocked no telling what dealer did with it. Unsure without looking at a few screens. Have a 3rd party mechanic look over it.

Last edited:

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Where would the dual dueler be located? I looked underneath but I didn't notice any fuel filters hanging down. How can you tell what turbo? Probably would have to get with h&s and have it reprogrammed to the truck. Any idea of what hp and ft/lbs torque this truck would have? And I suppose the turbo break is gone? Very nice truck for sure and it's got some gumption!

JHTX

Reaction score
Dual fueled trucks would have an additional CP 3 HPFP run in place of the second alternator. Should be able to see it up in front of truck by belts. Also should see additional fuel lines at fuel filter under hood on driver side by coolant reservoir. H&S Performance is no longer in business you would need to find a company that deals with their equipment just take a look on forum. Turbo should be stamped with model number should be around manufacture stamp you have in photo. Probably 363 sxe if on stock fuel as that’s their popular budget kit. I’m not very familiar with MPD kits, but assuming 363 sxe with stock fuel high 4 to low 5 on HP and torque slips my mind probably high 8 to low 9. Really depends on turbo and fuel setup. Somebody with more knowledge on the MPD kits I’m sure will be along. Exhaust break could be programmed to be active in MCC custom tunes if you want. It just won’t have the switch like the new trucks, so it’s always on.

Last edited:

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. When I hit the pedal at take off it took a couple seconds to pick up and really go. I'd say around 1500 rpms then it really come to life. It's probably set on a stock tune or similar but plenty enough unless you're looking to race,which I don't care about that.

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. When I hit the pedal at take off it took a couple seconds to pick up and really go. I'd say around 1500 rpms then it really come to life. It's probably set on a stock tune or similar but plenty enough unless you're looking to race,which I don't care about that.
There will be no option ever for an exhaust break on a non vgt turbo, unless you add a mechanical one. Personally, I wouldn't buy a truck modded like that unless it was dirt cheap. Firstly you have no idea what combo of parts was used therefore you could be getting someone else's problem child. Secondly the only person that would do mods like that would be an enthusiast so it has likely been thrashed.

08Monster

Reaction score
Dual fueled trucks would have an additional CP 3 HPFP run in place of the second alternator. Should be able to see it up in front of truck by belts. Also should see additional fuel lines at fuel filter under hood on driver side by coolant reservoir. H&S Performance is no longer in business you would need to find a company that deals with their equipment just take a look on forum. Turbo should be stamped with model number should be around manufacture stamp you have in photo. Probably 363 sxe if on stock fuel as that’s their popular budget kit. I’m not very familiar with MPD kits, but assuming 363 sxe with stock fuel high 4 to low 5 on HP and torque slips my mind probably high 8 to low 9. Really depends on turbo and fuel setup. Somebody with more knowledge on the MPD kits I’m sure will be along. Exhaust break could be programmed to be active in MCC custom tunes if you want. It just won’t have the switch like the new trucks, so it’s always on.
I would say they'll make all of 500 on that 63 SXE.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

JHTX

Reaction score
There will be no option ever for an exhaust break on a non vgt turbo, unless you add a mechanical one. Personally, I wouldn't buy a truck modded like that unless it was dirt cheap. Firstly you have no idea what combo of parts was used therefore you could be getting someone else's problem child. Secondly the only person that would do mods like that would be an enthusiast so it has likely been thrashed.

Correct. Forgot it was non-VGT turbo. Still would not look at even knowing the history of the stock turbos on 11-14 MY? I have read some people say don’t buy unless you see the turbo replaced, because you know it’s going to need one especially the 11s.

sootie

Reaction score
Correct. Forgot it was non-VGT turbo. Still would not look at even knowing the history of the stock turbos on 11-14 MY? I have read some people say don’t buy unless you see the turbo replaced, because you know it’s going to need one especially the 11s.
All those turbo failures were with early tuning. Its very rare nowadays to hear of failures. Don't forget, its the same turbo from 11-14 and we don't hear of many failures on later models do we?

JHTX

Reaction score
All those turbo failures were with early tuning. Its very rare nowadays to hear of failures. Don't forget, its the same turbo from 11-14 and we don't hear of many failures on later models do we?

Correct but thought they replaced ceramic bearings of the 11 design and went with a tighter balancing specs on later years?

sootie

Reaction score
Correct but thought they replaced ceramic bearings of the 11 design and went with a tighter balancing specs on later years?
Most that failed due to design did so under warranty. Not sure what the big hangup is on these so called "bad" 11 turbos. Slap a 17 turbo retro kit on for less than 3k and rock out!!

JHTX

Reaction score
Most that failed due to design did so under warranty. Not sure what the big hangup is on these so called "bad" 11 turbos. Slap a 17 turbo retro kit on for less than 3k and rock out!!

I hear you I have one those supposed bad turbos and it has never gave me a single problem. Just was curious on your thoughts as I’m in total agreement. My path if it shot craps was going to be a 17 retro. Would you put the 4.2 in while you were there?

sootie

Reaction score
I hear you I have one those supposed bad turbos and it has never gave me a single problem. Just was curious on your thoughts as I’m in total agreement. My path if it shot craps was going to be a 17 retro. Would you put the 4.2 in while you were there?
Definitely do a 15 pump at the same time.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Interesting! The truck looks really taken care of. It has a little less than half tread on tires and they are wore down straight. There's no rubber under the fdnderwells from burnouts. No mods to suspension even stock size tires with street tread. I can tell the fifth wheel has been used some. These are some things I look for when buying a used truck. I'm in favor of getting rid of the factory crap and letting it breath. I've read some things about these engines and what I've heard the most is needs more fuel. I've also heard that meth injection was a good option on these engines,just to keep egt's down while throwing more fuel. I should find out whether this engine was made before or after April 2011 after Christmas.
So I've got one guy who says definitely don't get this truck. And what I'm gathering is the rest are in favor depending on certain questions. Thanks to all of you for the advice. This is the best way to learn.

sootie

Reaction score
Interesting! The truck looks really taken care of. It has a little less than half tread on tires and they are wore down straight. There's no rubber under the fdnderwells from burnouts. No mods to suspension even stock size tires with street tread. I can tell the fifth wheel has been used some. These are some things I look for when buying a used truck. I'm in favor of getting rid of the factory crap and letting it breath. I've read some things about these engines and what I've heard the most is needs more fuel. I've also heard that meth injection was a good option on these engines,just to keep egt's down while throwing more fuel. I should find out whether this engine was made before or after April 2011 after Christmas.
So I've got one guy who says definitely don't get this truck. And what I'm gathering is the rest are in favor depending on certain questions. Thanks to all of you for the advice. This is the best way to learn.
Meth is a horrible idea....

Jomax

Reaction score
I would skip buying a modded truck from a dealer... only place I’d think about it would be from here and it would have to come from a good forum member that I trust....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

This^^^

I would skip buying a modded truck from a dealer... only place I’d think about it would be from here and it would have to come from a good forum member that I trust....

Same here!

Just think, you could have a truck that had been beat on and not kow the maintenance of it. Or what fluids have been taken care of. I beat the **** out of my trucks but i am meticulous with fluids and the parts needed to upgrade or hold it together!

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
This^^^

Same here!

Just think, you could have a truck that had been beat on and not kow the maintenance of it. Or what fluids have been taken care of. I beat the **** out of my trucks but i am meticulous with fluids and the parts needed to upgrade or hold it together!

live life full throttle

I over maintained my 2015 and wouldn’t have sold it to a friend lol.

Latest posts

Members online