shackle flip?

joshua5438

Reaction score
Has anyone here done a shackle flip? I found an old post on another forum from around 2012 where a guy did this on his 2010 F350. I am looking to raise the rear of my 2010 F250 1.5" to 2". I currently have a 4.5" block with traction bar mounts that I do not want to replace. I also have a 2" add a leaf spring in my leaf pack. This should have put my truck level with the front when I installed the 4.5" front lift but the front lift actually raised it 6.25" instead of 4.5". That would have been fine if the rear add a leaf had of raised it 2" instead of 1.5". Now my truck is almost an inch lower in the rear. I would prefer the rear to be .75" to 1" higher in the rear. I found a shackle flip kit made by PMF but it raises the rear 4". Then I came across the post of flipping the stock rear hanger and gaining 2". Just wanted to see if anyone has done this here and what your thoughts are?

joshua5438

Reaction score
Since no one has chimed in....

It appears that flipping the rear hanger will cause the rear axle to move forward about an inch and will increase your pinion angle and require shims. Now sure how many degree of shims and not sure I feel like dealing with these issues. Guess I will continue to search out my other options.

joshua5438

Reaction score
You are correct. You would have to drop the front hanger down the same as the shackle flip to keep it centered. So the only advantage to the PMF is the extra 0.5" over just flipping the stock hanger. Both would require grinding out the studs that hold the factory shackle hanger on and both use the stock shackles.

footlong70

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your talking about my thread from back in the day. I ran with it for about a year with zero issues. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Simple and cheap, helps rid the sagging ass from lift/leveling kits without interference. Also its reversible, so I'd say do the stock hanger flip and see if it works for you. If not, flip it back or play around with it. As for moving the axle forward, it hardly moves it any flipping the stock hanger. I doubt even 1/2". And I doubt you'll need any shimming to fix driveline vibrations. As said, I had zero issues.

Latest posts

Members online