Amsoil filter life

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
Just want some outside opinions, I have a 2016 f350 Powerstroke and I am running the Amsoil bypass filter kit. The Amsoil website shows the bypass filter is good for 2 years, 200 hours, 70000 miles what ever comes first. Now I change my oil every 10k miles which is about every 12 months using LE 5w40 oil along with my fuel and air filter and pre filter every 10k. I have changed both filters every oil change but according to Amsoil I could get 3-4 oil changes out of my bypass filter I would change the full flow filter ever time. What do you guys think would you change it every time or run out the stated filter life? That bypass filter is a little pricey at $46 plus shipping by itself so it would save some dollars overtime just dont know if its worth it.

Last edited:

rrkroll

Reaction score
Because of the design, your main oil filter removes all of the big junk in your oil, so your bypass filter is not going to need to remove nearly the amount of particulates that your main filter removes. I could see the logic of changing it with your first filter change just because the engine may have some sub 8 micron particulates in there and it may fill fast the first time, but after that I would extend it out to the amsoil recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Whatever you do, just make sure you pull oil samples and send them in. Prolly could change the oem filter every 5k without dropping the oil out of it and just top it back off and sample at the same time. That will tell you how long you can go before needing to pull the drain plug and change the bypasd filter.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online