Intermittent no start

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an intermittent no start with my 2006. At the start if the day it'll start right up but if I make a quick run to Home Depot or something of the like it won't start until it sits for 15 minutes or so. And the wait times are getting longer, used to be only 5min. Newer batteries, good connections, good starter, great oil pressure, new glow plugs and wires..... could this be a neutral control switch? If yes, where is it located because I can't find consistant information on it. TIA.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
No crank. Full power to all the accessories, injectors cycle, but turn the key and nothing happens. and once some time has passed, 15 or so minutes, it starts like nothing was wrong....

sootie

Reaction score
ive had two do that to me and it was the starter. The first one eventually just stopped shooting the armature out even thought he motor was spinning. The second one wouldn't crank with the key but if you jumped the posts at the starter it would go.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Make sure the connections are tight on the starter, and check the jumper wire by the battery, make sure its making a good connection

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Gary

Reaction score
If it's a no-crank/no-start, try disconnecting the fan at the connector in front of the fuel filter housing. I faulty fan clutch can cause that no-crank condition.

Latest posts

Members online