Plastic flaps in rear wheel wells

Mulletman

Reaction score
I have a 2001 f250 and in trying to figure out what the plastic flaps are called in the rear wheel wells and where to get new ones at. I've searched a lot of different things and haven't found anything on them. There is two in each rear wheel well that are at attached with plastic rivets that you push in.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Check with sunrise ford, a sponsor on the forum, and try to describe it. Posting a pic would probably be easier. I know what you're talking about and it seems like it would be pretty easy to cut a HD big rid rubber mudflap up to use instead of plastic. Just a bit more durable.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Dually? They are called inner fenders or fender liners, something along tbose lines. Make sure you type in rear. They are still available from ford as of about 4 months ago...

dsberman94

Reaction score
Going from his avatar, he's looking for an srw, and it not the whole liner. I looks like a plastic mudflap but it's there to keep the dirt/mud/grim out of the skirts around the bottom of the bedsides. I don't think I have a pic. The pieces he's looking for are the reason you can't stick your head in the wheel well and see the support rods for the bedside bottoms.

Mulletman

Reaction score
Going from his avatar, he's looking for an srw, and it not the whole liner. I looks like a plastic mudflap but it's there to keep the dirt/mud/grim out of the skirts around the bottom of the bedsides. I don't think I have a pic. The pieces he's looking for are the reason you can't stick your head in the wheel well and see the support rods for the bedside bottoms.

Yes this is exactly it. I just can't seem to find them anywhere or even find what they are called.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I can't even find them on a ford parts page. They may be a type of splash guard which is something I see on there but I feel like that more of a mudflap that hangs below the body. Worst case scenario make one out of a HD mudflap like I said before.

Mulletman

Reaction score
Okay I may check with the dealership and if they can't come up with anything, make one like you mentioned, thanks guys.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I believe you have to look them up for a 2000 model and they were called splash panels . I got some for my 05 from the local dealer back in 07 or 08 . Kinda flimsy but get the job done .

TyCorr

Reaction score
An outside source, independent from this site was selling stainless steel ones. You have to tweak them a bit to fit.

The husky liners and ford wheelwell liners will fit too.

Latest posts

Members online