"dump" exhaust

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've really been cleaning up the truck a but latley, and I got thinking. I've aleays run dual exhaust, 5 or 6 inch tips. On my Dodge, and this truck. Mr. DzlPowr and I were talking, and I'm thinking of making a 5" over axle turndown exhaust for my truck. Painted, or powdercoated black, with a 6" tip, up underneath.
Has anyone run a similar setup? Pros, cons?
Here is what it looks like now...
IMG_33155393647480_zps4726a169.jpg

I'm thinking no tailpipes would look sweet.
Yay, or Nay?

Coposrv

Reaction score
I had an mbrp downpipe and cat delete on my old 06 with a polished turndown tip. I liked the look of no tailpipe and you could just barely see the tip. An added benefit was a solid undercoating of soot under the truck. After 3 New England winters and 90k miles she was rust free underneath.

Emery19

Reaction score
i was looking at my flo-pro when i was putting it on this week, you could get one of there kits and just leave the tail section off and it would effectively be a turn down. or at least thats what i would do

Koda22

Reaction score
i was looking at my flo-pro when i was putting it on this week, you could get one of there kits and just leave the tail section off and it would effectively be a turn down. or at least thats what i would do

Tan wat I do with my mbrp...I don't put the last section on...it's not a dump but it's close...goes over the axel and turns out....can't really see it from the side of the truck, gives it a very clean look

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Ok. Thats what i was looking for. Thanks guys. My concern was that it would chit up the whole underneath with soot though. Not that my tune is smoky, but i dont want it to look like a pig sty.

6.4psd916

Reaction score

This is what I did for awhile, I just installed the tip on that piece. I didn't notice any more or less soot on the truck, just had a deeper sound with it echoing off the ground.

sootie

Reaction score
im gonna try it. leave the tail section off and put a black 6x12 tip on

MINK

Reaction score
I just did a custom 5" axle dumb with 18x6" tip sense I couldnt find a deal on a dual exaust LOL .... I ran a 4" axle dump way back when and liked it, so far I'm happy again - no smoke issues and I have my current setup tucked up high to where you really cant even see it.

sootie

Reaction score
I just did a custom 5" axle dumb with 18x6" tip sense I couldnt find a deal on a dual exaust LOL .... I ran a 4" axle dump way back when and liked it, so far I'm happy again - no smoke issues and I have my current setup tucked up high to where you really cant even see it.

pic please Josh?

B.Warning

Reaction score
I did mine a couple years ago by default. Typical flow pro exhaust ripped a hanger off on the tail pipe section so I just hacked it off and stuck my tip on it. I was very happy with it, no more soot on the bumper and had a nice deep tone at a idle. Underside of the truck stayed very clean also. All my friends hated it at the time, but now that's the only way I'll have a exhaust now. I hate the way a obnoxious large pipe looks on srw trucks. I haven't decided yet what I'll do on my dually tho.

Don't mind the pink duct tape, that's a long story. LOL

lymx.jpg

Derkperk

Reaction score
If you don't share the story, we're going to start making things up.

Not what I was thinking of when I heard, "I've got axle wrap!"

Latest posts

Members online