05 conversions are overrated.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Since everyone is doing the 05-07 conversions, I thought I would do something different. I just did an 02 conversion from my early 99 front end......ok, not really much of a conversion, I was just being sarcastic. Bit it does look alot better. I am a bit indecisive and thought this would hold me over until I decide between an 05 or and 08 conversion.
And yes, I already know my fenders are fubar, it's front sliding into a guard rail during an Alaskan winter at 2mph.

Oh, thanks to Devin (Dmstruck) for the hook-up on his "old" stuff!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318818122.791441.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318818122.791441.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 286
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318818179.608679.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318818179.608679.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
I agree. '05-07 front end does look good, but so many people have done them, it's a little cooler, to go with the older stuff. I freshened up mine, hid's, billet grille etc., makes a world of difference on these trucks.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Looks much better, you should post up a before pic :poke:
You cant even see your fenders from the pics, the turn signals didnt line up perfect on my truck either if thats what you were talkin about ealier

Tonka350

Reaction score
honestly if your fenders are messed up....go 08 or even 11? it didn't cost me very much at all to convert to the 08 body style at all....I went with a cervinis cowl induction hood afterward( which I wish I had gone that route first, now I can't get rid of my stock hood lol so it wasted about 300 bucks!!! )...but with the cervinis hood, aftermarket grille, fenders and everything ( INCLUDING PAINT ) I'm sitting a little over 2400 dollars.

the parts you need for the conversion are:
08 bumper and mounts
foglights( if you want them )
grille
grille support-left
grille support-right
wiper cowl
fender-right
fender-left
nameplate ( f250, f350, f450, f550, billet badges ) ( Left and right )
lower side vents ( left and right )
hood support-left
hood support-right
headlight-left
headlight-right
hood ( your choice )

that's pretty much all the parts you need. your truck looks good now though!

Chad

cw96stroker

Reaction score
honestly if your fenders are messed up....go 08 or even 11? it didn't cost me very much at all to convert to the 08 body style at all....I went with a cervinis cowl induction hood afterward( which I wish I had gone that route first, now I can't get rid of my stock hood lol so it wasted about 300 bucks!!! )...but with the cervinis hood, aftermarket grille, fenders and everything ( INCLUDING PAINT ) I'm sitting a little over 2400 dollars.

the parts you need for the conversion are:
08 bumper and mounts
foglights( if you want them )
grille
grille support-left
grille support-right
wiper cowl
fender-right
fender-left
nameplate ( f250, f350, f450, f550, billet badges ) ( Left and right )
lower side vents ( left and right )
hood support-left
hood support-right
headlight-left
headlight-right
hood ( your choice )

that's pretty much all the parts you need. your truck looks good now though!

Chad

That's really not a bad price, a lot less than I would have thought it wouldve cost.

Tonka350

Reaction score
diesel if it's going to take you a few months to decide I can take pictures for you when I get back stateside and send them to you.

Chad

Dslfumes

Reaction score
diesel if it's going to take you a few months to decide I can take pictures for you when I get back stateside and send them to you.

Chad

I will be doing most of the fab work myself if I do the 08, with that being said, what all needs to be done to the frame to make it work?

Tonka350

Reaction score
I trimmed my upper portions of my frame horns and it worked/works amazing....or you can cut the frame horns off and reweld them a little lower but this way worked well also....and as for fab work, I did all the fab work myself as well.

Chad

Dslfumes

Reaction score
I think I'll start gathering parts and attempt it. In the meantime it looks like a cheap 05 swap is coming up. I want my truck to go through all the generations haha.

Latest posts

Members online