My truck wont start crank..TCM???

F350eightyAM

Reaction score
I ran diagnostic and I received the code U0101 TCM not communicating. If the TCM malfunctions will that cause the truck not to start??Or is it something else ??
Going to check the power to the TCM also the shift light is not working

jordysoso

Reaction score
TCM didn't communicate with PCM which gave you the code. Are you tuned? Did you flash a tune without being hooked to a battery charger? Easy things you can do is check connections for TCM and PCM, make sure they arent loose, corroded, or broken in anyway that would cause a short. Check your + and - to CAN BUS and track the ground to ensure proper ground without a short somewhere. Worse come worse it's fried TCM.

F350eightyAM

Reaction score
I have a sct tune. I have tried to bypass the the start relay it will crank but not start. checked the power to the tcm it is getting power. Haven't checked the grounds though. Going to do that tomorrow. Going to the junkyard tomorrow to get a TCM there only 35$
The weird part is that I tried to re tune my truck because I thought that was the problem. The tuner would let me saying that it wasn't married. I;m thinking a ground issue. While driving recently I have had the battery and abs light come on intermittently. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this truck. Any help appriciated

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a sct tune. I have tried to bypass the the start relay it will crank but not start. checked the power to the tcm it is getting power. Haven't checked the grounds though. Going to do that tomorrow. Going to the junkyard tomorrow to get a TCM there only 35$
The weird part is that I tried to re tune my truck because I thought that was the problem. The tuner would let me saying that it wasn't married. I;m thinking a ground issue. While driving recently I have had the battery and abs light come on intermittently. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this truck. Any help appriciated
Might check batteries too... definitely check the grounds

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

F350eightyAM

Reaction score
Turns out TCM here is the pintest for it

Ordering a TCM hopefully all will work out

Attachments

• 6.4 TCM Pin connectot layout.pdf
    141.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.4 TCM pinpoint test.pdf
    230.7 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts