Tyrant diesel tuning

Jomax

Reaction score
Yea mine is a 13. The guy asking has a 12 according to his sign so I knew our setups would be similar. Why would a 15 run dirtier? I'm just curious because I really have no clue

Programming is different along with turbo and fuel pump.

But, I'm super picky about smoke. Truck drives in all conditions, from driving on the interstate passing semis and idiots, to bumper to bumper traffic in downtown Los Angeles, to stop and go traffic in Beverly Hills. I get enough looks there, that the last thing I need is leaving smoke behind.

I do all this in a day so I get to see exactly how my truck responds to tunes.

IMHO, there isn't a better test someone can do.

When I feel like seeing how a tune compares, I load up a tune home and drive all the way to my destination(380miles). Then on the way home, I switch to another tune and compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRobStrokin

Reaction score
2015+? Mine is not smoke free till full throttle. This is on the RACE tune.

On my 15 the tyrant is less smokey in all situations. The first tune he sent the truck fell flat on its face until it spooled with zero smoke. I couldn't handle not having the power on tap. Then I had Cale send another which was labeled "Smokey" and it's very strong but still smokes less than my G-head which I didn't consider bad. Under normal conditions I can always drive it smoke free with both. The exhaust brake just puts Tyrants over the top

chaselee

Reaction score
Alright I finally bit the bullet and got a Tyrant tune. I started off with his extreme tune, thinking that if I liked it I would follow it with a tow tune. After a couple small tweaks he's got it dialed in. This thing runs like it never has. He gave me a little more fuel down low to give it more pep, which in turn makes it a bit smokier. Normal driving, it doesn't smoke at all, if I gouge on it, it does smoke some but that's to be expected as far as I'm concerned. Love the tune.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Programming is different along with turbo and fuel pump.

But, I'm super picky about smoke. Truck drives in all conditions, from driving on the interstate passing semis and idiots, to bumper to bumper traffic in downtown Los Angeles, to stop and go traffic in Beverly Hills. I get enough looks there, that the last thing I need is leaving smoke behind.

I do all this in a day so I get to see exactly how my truck responds to tunes.

IMHO, there isn't a better test someone can do.

When I feel like seeing how a tune compares, I load up a tune home and drive all the way to my destination(380miles). Then on the way home, I switch to another tune and compare.

Agreed 100%. Just the few pictures you've sent me that thing has to be dialed in to even take it where you go. Too much traffic for driveability issues.

Jomax

Reaction score
On my 15 the tyrant is less smokey in all situations. The first tune he sent the truck fell flat on its face until it spooled with zero smoke. I couldn't handle not having the power on tap. Then I had Cale send another which was labeled "Smokey" and it's very strong but still smokes less than my G-head which I didn't consider bad. Under normal conditions I can always drive it smoke free with both. The exhaust brake just puts Tyrants over the top

Tyrant still has work to do for the exhaust brake. Doesn't work for me. It works for a second then turns back off. I know from looking at the boost and EBP.

Maybe my truck is just different, I have the most updated tune from Mike for GH for the Race tune and I believe the most updated tyrant Race tune. Tyrant leaves a more concentrated cloud then GH has ever for me.

Not knocking down tyrant at ALL. I just don't see how it can smoke less in their Race tune vs GH.

My comparison is on Both companies RACE tunes.

JRobStrokin

Reaction score
Tyrant still has work to do for the exhaust brake. Doesn't work for me. It works for a second then turns back off. I know from looking at the boost and EBP.

Maybe my truck is just different, I have the most updated tune from Mike for GH for the Race tune and I believe the most updated tyrant Race tune. Tyrant leaves a more concentrated cloud then GH has ever for me.

Not knocking down tyrant at ALL. I just don't see how it can smoke less in their Race tune vs GH.

My comparison is on Both companies RACE tunes.

I heard that. My brake is flawless so far. I've only had the tune since the end of July. I don't think I had the latest version of th GH as ive had the same one since last October. I was very happy with the GH just wanted to check out other options. Both ran on the race tune.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Update? How are y'all liking tyrant tuning on 15+?

Kxc

Reaction score
I've had Tyrants extreme tune in for a while. I have a clean and dirty , both with brake. Tunes are highly subjective and I don't think some are better than others, just different. Depends on your driving style. Cales tunes are very drivable , low smoke and I notice peak boost about 34 psi, as where my PIP extreme tune is a few psi higher. I run 1/4 mile at about sea level and cales tunes are about .3 secs faster for my truck. 2015 - 250 on 35s

Tim1216

Reaction score
All this positive talk makes me wanna try out Tyrant tunes. I have GH now which im happy with, but seems most people go with Tyrant now

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Finally got Cales Tunes on my 15, must say its a big difference from the ******* tuning i had, trans tunes are super nice.
4th gear locked seems like im having a hesitation on power, like the rail pressures is dropping? Any Input?

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Finally got Cales Tunes on my 15, must say its a big difference from the ******* tuning i had, trans tunes are super nice.

4th gear locked seems like im having a hesitation on power, like the rail pressures is dropping? Any Input?

Are you running his tunes on a SCT device or HS?

Kxc

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting ty rant tunes ? I've been in touch with no limit and they can't seem to get me an update since upgrading my turbo

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting ty rant tunes ? I've been in touch with no limit and they can't seem to get me an update since upgrading my turbo

I haven't been able to get a hold of Cale in a good 4-5 months now.

Latest posts

Members online