Fox2.0 vs bilstein 5100

12king ranch

Reaction score
I currently have the bilstein 5100 and they are about 3 1/2 years old and I need new shocks. I’ve ran them on my truck and my Jeep and loved them but was considering the fox 2.0. What is everyone’s take on the fox and do you think they are worth the extra $200 ? Thanks in advance

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Carli tuned of either version is better, valved to the trucks weight. Either way you go, it is a case of you get what you pay for. I like my Carli tuned 2.0s, but I have never had the 5100s. Next time will probably be 2.5s.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I currently have the bilstein 5100 and they are about 3 1/2 years old and I need new shocks. I’ve ran them on my truck and my Jeep and loved them but was considering the fox 2.0. What is everyone’s take on the fox and do you think they are worth the extra $200 ? Thanks in advance

I just switched from the Fox 2.0s to the 5100s. The Fox shocks were stiffer when I installed them. I couldn't collapse them at all by hand. The 5100s I was able to collapse about 2 inches by hand to install (don't have a lift and floor jack was maxed out). Not sure how they ride yet as I've driven 4 miles in the last week.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
When replacing "old worn out shocks" with anything there will be a ride improvement.

I just dumped some rear 5100's, they looked like crap. Both were very difficult to collapse. I would had to give them away since they looked so bad.

Using the 5160s now on the rear, nothing extremely noticeable in a difference in the ride when empty. It does seems to have more rebound control when there's a loaded bed over the 5100's. Why did I go to the 5160's?? They were cheaper than anything Fox or otherwise was selling at the time.

For the best ride jump to some 2.5 bodied shocks, any brand will do so spend what you can afford. Expect to have them rebuilt in the long run so save whatever shocks you are pulling off if they are still good to go.

Diesel625

Reaction score
I’ve never used the fox 2.0 shocks, but I’ve used the 5100s. I really didn’t care for them, but they weren’t tuned, just straight up 2-3” lift shocks. I’ve had better results with rancho and bds. I’d like to try the fox shocks one day, but the fox 2.5.

Latest posts

Members online