Not building boost like before after egr ******

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
Ok so my diesel and turbo knowledge is limited, I'm learning as I go.

Today I removed the egr cooler and did the ****** plates. Egr was already tuned out a yr and half ago. Got finished and went for a drive to check leaks and it's not building near the boost. I could hit 30psi before and now lucky to hit 22. Very slow to build.

My livewire reads a -.75 at idle now, before it was around 0.

I looked and there is a yellow tip connector with like 2 prongs that I might of knocked loose but I cant find where it goes. Could that be it? It is right by where the rear of the cooler was, I dont know does it maybe go to the turbo somehow?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
Here it is 20200504_200315.jpg

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
Ok so I guess that may be the vgt sensor? **** I didn't even know about unplugging that lol! Guess its good thing it didnt break.

So where does it go? I've looked and cant see where it goes? Couldn't really find a pic with a quick search either.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It plugs into the turbo on the lassenger side, right around the middle of the turbo. Get a mirror, and you'll be able to see the vgt actuator where it plugs into

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
It plugs into the turbo on the lassenger side, right around the middle of the turbo. Get a mirror, and you'll be able to see the vgt actuator where it plugs into

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Awesome. I'll check that first thing in the morning. Thank you