95 F350 cclb build list ideas advice

Payupv8

Reaction score
Hi Iam new to Powerstrokearmy I have a 95 f350 7.3 with 212k it has a super chips tuner that was on the truck when I bought it the truck is an auto with 4:10 gears it’s my daily driver family hauler tow rig I don’t tow heavy but still want to be able to tow 12k pounds if I have to I have a complete spare 95 7.3 long block that was given to me I know nothing about it but it makes a great mock up motor. So here’s what my plan is please correct me or help with the build looking for people who have first hand experience with the parts or combos Iam listing.my idea is to have a truck that makes 475hp to the wheels but I can still tow heavy and daily drive it without working on it all the time. Also the motor in my truck does have some blow by coming out of the dip stick tube.

So I am building my own e fuel I have all of it Iam running a Bosch superduty electric fuel pump, I just need to mock up my fuel lines to the cylinder heads and make a bracket to mount my filter mounts on the frame.
I am gonna build my own t4 turbo mount and up pipes since I have a little more time then Money and I am pretty good at tig welding stainless thinking a s366sxe turbo or s369sxe and a .91 exhaust housing on either of the two i get I am gonna get a superduty intercooler not sure if Iam gonna use the 7.3 or 6.0 but I plan to build all the plumbing for my intercooler and Iam gonna run the aluminum 3” pleniums no injectors Iam not sure I do know I want to go hybrids not sure on size or brand. I have a ts6 for the truck but will need custom tunes not sure on who’s either. And I am not sure about who’s HPOP I should run. Also Iam thinking about studding it and doing valve springs and push rods.

Reaction score
Before you get too far down the path, I would plan on spending a load of cash ($4k-$5k) on a fully built trans at that power level. I won't comment on engine components since I have no experience there. Cheers!

Payupv8

Reaction score
Before you get too far down the path, I would plan on spending a load of cash ($4k-$5k) on a fully built trans at that power level. I won't comment on engine components since I have no experience there. Cheers!

Thank you for the input. One of the reasons I bought the truck was because the po had just amco rebuild the transmission which I totally understand that they are not a performance builder by any means but I was thinking about upgrading the torque converter and valve body to limp it along then save up some cash to have a real transmission built. The one that’s in the truck now how’s 18k miles on it.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I'm no transmission expert by any means but I dont think a tc and valve body will be enough for the amount of torque that you will have. If you want to go minimum on the transmission for (which I do not suggest) I would say you need to add a stronger input shaft to your transmission and have someone tune your transmission and on top of that until you get your transmission fully built never put your truck into full race mode

Payupv8

Reaction score
And be sure to get an upgraded transmission oil cooler the cooler you keep that transmission fluid the happier your transmission will be.

Yes that’s a good point. I plan to do a 6.0 tranny cooler and the superduty cooler lines as well I have saved a write up with all the part numbers.

Payupv8

Reaction score
Another thought or question, will a single Bosch sd pump support the power Iam wanting to run and hybrid injectors?

superpsd

Reaction score
SD pump will be plenty and if you ever needed more you could tie in a second pump. As for the E4OD if it is a fresh rebuild you may consider trying to sell it and put in a built transmission. Whats it going to cost to get your truck home when the transmission is fubar and your far from home with a trailer hooked?

Payupv8

Reaction score
SD pump will be plenty and if you ever needed more you could tie in a second pump. As for the E4OD if it is a fresh rebuild you may consider trying to sell it and put in a built transmission. Whats it going to cost to get your truck home when the transmission is fubar and your far from home with a trailer hooked?

What’s a rebuilt e40d worth? Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online