CCV options with T4

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Running a CSD T4 kit. CCV is vented to atmosphere and driving me crazy. I sit at lights puffin away like a train with people telling me my truck is on fire. What options do I have? Drill and mount an elbow in the intake?

Reaction score
Running a CSD T4 kit. CCV is vented to atmosphere and driving me crazy. I sit at lights puffin away like a train with people telling me my truck is on fire. What options do I have? Drill and mount an elbow in the intake?
You could run a catch can. You could route it in the exhaust. I'm sure there's other options as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
You could run a catch can. You could route it in the exhaust. I'm sure there's other options as well.

Catch cans don’t really stop the vapor do they? I’ve heard the exhaust can cause problems with back pressure

Reaction score
Catch cans don’t really stop the vapor do they? I’ve heard the exhaust can cause problems with back pressure
No I dont think it will stop it maybe slow it down. I've never ran one personally. A buddy of mine routed in his exhaust and it dident change amount of smoke but at least kept it out of the cab. Only downside to that is vapors are white so it's hard to tell if white exhaust smoke or vapor.

Swaan

Reaction score
Honestly run it back into the intake.
A little oil vapor dont hurt anything. The only time it's bad is when its mixed with the egr soot. But you dont have that problem. People get all crazy when they see a little oil in the intake track. It's really not a big deal.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Honestly run it back into the intake.
A little oil vapor dont hurt anything. The only time it's bad is when its mixed with the egr soot. But you dont have that problem. People get all crazy when they see a little oil in the intake track. It's really not a big deal.

It ran for 315k routed stock lol. 90* elbow in the intake will be sufficient I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I routed mine to the intake. Welded a thin wall 3/4" tube to the intake from CSD, turned the doghouse around and installed new o-rings, added a 90" to it and viola.

Swaan

Reaction score
I routed mine to the intake. Welded a thin wall 3/4" tube to the intake from CSD, turned the doghouse around and installed new o-rings, added a 90" to it and viola.

Perfect!!

Ccv reroutes are overrated imho. A little oil in the intake and the world goes crazy. Lol. There's a millions trucks running around in this world with there ccv hoses hooked up with no issues. Except the poor bastards that have there EGR operational but thats another issue. Lmao😂🤣

LakeBum

Reaction score

I cut and welded the intake tube CSD provided to go from the turbo to the stock CCV

njjeep

Reaction score
You could route it to a catch can then route it back to the intake. That’s what I plan on doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Yeah told Diane at DP I wanted to keep the stock CCV and she was supposed to check with Carson on that. Oh well

m_j

Reaction score
oil in the intake tract eats your boots.
there is no reason to run the ccv to the intake as it has zero benefit
I dump to the ground like every commercial engine does/did
if I was to put effort in to it I would route to exhaust post muffler

Latest posts

Members online