Hpop total destruction!

webb06

Reaction score
There paying for the labor because we're actually a diesel performance garage and we installed the parts. My labor rate is 75$ an hour but fords is 110$ an hour so they are actually paying me 110$ an hour. And that's what I said about getting them to just send me a running complete.. But they want me to pull the motor and disassemble the whole entire motor down to the bare block and take pictures and document the findings.. Because they are unsure the hpop was the failure. Which unless your blind you can see it was the hpop. So there sending a rep out tomorrow to look at the hpop because I really don't have all the time to waste and keep a bay tied up.

So are we.....the local dealer we buy all our parts from said labor is only covered if the work is redone by their techs....I'm jealous you're getting reimbursed though lol

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
So are we.....the local dealer we buy all our parts from said labor is only covered if the work is redone by their techs....I'm jealous you're getting reimbursed though lol

I have no idea then maybe I just got lucky. Still have a mess to deal with now.. Reason I'm going to work at 530 on a Saturday...

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as webb06...only labor reimbursement that was offered to us was just enough to make ya aggravated...for example, $150 for hpfp on a 6.4 which to get that you'll spend 2 hours filling out all the paperwork to even get it...but at the end of the day I wouldn't want a reman complete motor from ford, the ones that I've seen have not been built very good. Hope you get it all straightened out.

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
Okay I questioned him about the labor and the reason in getting paid is because it was consequence damage. They cover the labor and parts 100% if one of their parts caused damage to something else that wasn't from them. He said you can only get 150$ If something happens like say a power steering pump goes out and needs warrantied. But since the hpop took the motor with it it's consequential damage in which case is 100% covered along with labor.

webb06

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as webb06...only labor reimbursement that was offered to us was just enough to make ya aggravated...for example, $150 for hpfp on a 6.4 which to get that you'll spend 2 hours filling out all the paperwork to even get it...but at the end of the day I wouldn't want a reman complete motor from ford, the ones that I've seen have not been built very good. Hope you get it all straightened out.

Yep same boat I've been in.

Okay I questioned him about the labor and the reason in getting paid is because it was consequence damage. They cover the labor and parts 100% if one of their parts caused damage to something else that wasn't from them. He said you can only get 150$ If something happens like say a power steering pump goes out and needs warrantied. But since the hpop took the motor with it it's consequential damage in which case is 100% covered along with labor.

Makes perfect since there.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I spoke to soon... Got a call back after this post was made and ford refuses to help out. I'm on my own with the motor but they will supply me with a hpop...

read this thread a while ago, and hate to say it but saw that coming. we had the same issue where a set of brand new injectors went in the truck, tip cam out and cause a world of damage. After 3 weeks with them going back and forth, not only did they say there was nothing they could do, they tried charging me for towing the truck back to my shop after they requested it be brought to the dealer.

Ford will spend 3 times the cost of the damage to prove their part didn't cause the issue.....

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
It really is a shame they won't stand behind their parts... What if that would of been a customers truck? How would I explain that to them? I would of been buying someone a motor..

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Said to say but you may have to sue them to get them to cover anything. I had some issues w/ lee manufacturing and their steering pump and again on a Bosch oil filter. Both times it was tons of paperwork, numerous emails, lots of phone calls just to have them try to weasel out of it. Bosch even tried to back out of it after the sent my ford dealer an email saying they'll cover work. It took me using the word "litigate" to get them to deal w/ the issue.

No one/no company has scruples anymore. All a bunch of shaddy ***s.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Said to say but you may have to sue them to get them to cover anything. I had some issues w/ lee manufacturing and their steering pump and again on a Bosch oil filter. Both times it was tons of paperwork, numerous emails, lots of phone calls just to have them try to weasel out of it. Bosch even tried to back out of it after the sent my ford dealer an email saying they'll cover work. It took me using the word "litigate" to get them to deal w/ the issue.

No one/no company has scruples anymore. All a bunch of shaddy ***s.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
That's the route im taking I had my first meeting with my attorney Friday.

We are in the same boat on a 6.4 motor and have been going back and fourth for a few weeks with ford (2 months) for a failed part that took out cylinders 2/4/6/8. We are out almost 8k at the moment and I have a good feeling we will get the shaft as well

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
It's ridiculous, if all the trucks we put out started coming back with these failures it could potentially put someone out of business. Pockets aren't deep enough to just start handing out motors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.