Exhaust Manifold Gaskets.... Yay or Nay?

Do you NEED exhaust manifold gaskets?

• YES!

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm going to be putting new (ceramic painted) manifolds on, and I need to decide whether it needs (or should have) new gaskets. According to a couple Ford dealerships, there is no Ford part for a gasket. But I have heard a few horror stories of leaks/ticks from people who didn't put on gaskets.

IF YOU HAVE ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, with OR without gaskets, please post up, and elaborate if you are willing.

I'm just not 100% sure I want to throw aftermarket gaskets on that might break down and cause what I'm trying to avoid....leaks.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
In my experience, in anything I do involving gaskets, I always replace them. As far as exhaust mani gaskets, I usually do OEM gaskets sprayed with Copper Spray to make sure it seals nicely.

ToMang07

Reaction score
In my experience, in anything I do involving gaskets, I always replace them. As far as exhaust mani gaskets, I usually do OEM gaskets sprayed with Copper Spray to make sure it seals nicely.

Well according to the 2 dealers I have checked with, Ford doesn't make them.

Last edited:

rusty1161

Reaction score
I'm going to be putting new (ceramic painted) manifolds on, and I need to decide whether it needs (or should have) new gaskets. According to a couple Ford dealerships, there is no Ford part for a gasket. But I have heard a few horror stories of leaks/ticks from people who didn't put on gaskets.

IF YOU HAVE ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, with OR without gaskets, please post up, and elaborate if you are willing.

I'm just not 100% sure I want to throw aftermarket gaskets on that might break down and cause what I'm trying to avoid....leaks.

I have used the Ford gaskets with good results. F4TZ-9448-A

Rusty

HBDELUX

Reaction score
I have had both manifolds off the engine while it was in the truck replacing/removing old broken exhaust manifold bolts. Both Manifolds went back on with no gaskets and I have no ticks or exhaust leaks from the manifolds. I decided to leave it the way it came from the factory (no gasket). I checked with soapy water a few times to make sure I had a good seal. While I had the manifolds off I checked for straightness and painted them. I did take a small amount material off 1 manifold after checking it with a straight edge. All good, no leaks.

I see a gasket as a solution to a manifold that is not perfectly straight. How long that solution last I cant help.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
I know they have no gasket from the factory. However, if I ever pull mine off, they will get gaskets when they go back on.

BlueScab

Reaction score
I've had mine off twice now. Installed both times with new bolts and no gaskets. No problems with them at all.

hwrdbd

Reaction score
When I put my headers on I used a set of felpro gaskets from advanced and coated the whole operation with that copper gasket spray ****. Tightened it all down with a stud setup and no leaks yet.

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
for less than 30 bucks just get em! get it all together and have to tear it all back apart **** that

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.