Another upper pan leak.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Hello again everyone, i have not been around here for a while.
Truck of topic is my 16’ f250 6.7 with 23,500mi approx.
Had a little leak i saw during the last oil change. Therefore when i had it in this past week for another issue, i had them look into it.
I was surprised that the pan was leaking and it was not just the filter mount.
They are fixing it under the oem powertrain warranty and that the oil will need changed which i can see for obvious reasons. Sounds like quite a project for a little leak repair. But i don’t want it getting worse after the warranty is out.
What seems odd is that somehow the fresh oil is covered but the new filter is not.
I do not care about a filter cost but what i want to know is if they are going to try to soak me for a bunch of other shop supplies as well that the warranty covers.

Thanks yall.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Hello again everyone, i have not been around here for a while.

Truck of topic is my 16’ f250 6.7 with 23,500mi approx.

Had a little leak i saw during the last oil change. Therefore when i had it in this past week for another issue, i had them look into it.

I was surprised that the pan was leaking and it was not just the filter mount.

They are fixing it under the oem powertrain warranty and that the oil will need changed which i can see for obvious reasons. Sounds like quite a project for a little leak repair. But i don’t want it getting worse after the warranty is out.

What seems odd is that somehow the fresh oil is covered but the new filter is not.

I do not care about a filter cost but what i want to know is if they are going to try to soak me for a bunch of other shop supplies as well that the warranty covers.

Thanks yall.
I have always put filters on with no warranty issues. In fact the manual tells you to toss the filter before pulling the adapter. So it should be covered no problems. Same with the oil. Never had an issue with ford not paying for it. Unless the customer had a maintenance contract thru ford and the dumbass lube guy changed the oil before sending it to me. Then ford questions why theyre paying for oil and filter twice in the same visit.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I called my advisor back. They do have some strange rules and outlines. I would want the oil and filter changed to prevent contamination either way. I just found it very odd that they would cover over $50 in oil but not $20 for a filter. I would have guessed it the other way.
I just hope i dont see $100 fee for shop supplies.
Maybe i am just nervous about them tearing it apart that far for one little stupid leak.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
They did a pretty good job, no more leak. I just hope it lasts now.
I would hate to see the cost if it was not under warranty.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yep. My 15 upper pan is lesking.. i spray it off with brake clean every other oci.. not dripping yet so i dont mind it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I should have probably left mine alone. I really did not want them tearing my trans out for a silly leak. But, who knows how much worse it would get.

Latest posts

Members online