RCD 68mm Powermax

MorganY

Reaction score
You will love the 68 we have it on my brothers truck he tows with it daily drives it with 205s. With tuning proper tuning i would not be scared to pull anything. and it is way stronger than a reg powermax. The 68 is not lagy at all.

Just curious, how is it stronger than the regular one? I'm looking for a new turbo setup as well with my 190s..

jdc753

Reaction score
I just got back from a trip to the future (had to find out who won the superbowl so I could make my bet) and found this post you guys might find interesting...

Whats the word on the street about the hypermax rods? They are about $300 a set cheaper than the carillos and thinking I would have them dropped off at WOP for some cryo before Jason puts them in.

So what do you guys think,

Carrillo, http://www.elitedieselengineering.com/product/16020010/Forged-Connecting-Rod-Set-of-8-Carrillo/

or Hypermax, http://www.elitedieselengineering.com/product/16020009/60L-Forged-Connecting-Rod-Set-of-8-Hypermax/

Shawn says I won't need the rods for the twin set he is building me but I figure while the truck is under the knife I might as well do it right.

So what do you guys think

Good luck Gare, sounds like it is a pretty good turbo, and from what I've read and seen it seems something bigger than the regular powermax is needed specially for larger injectors

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I just got back from a trip to the future (had to find out who won the superbowl so I could make my bet) and found this post you guys might find interesting...

Good luck Gare, sounds like it is a pretty good turbo, and from what I've read and seen it seems something bigger than the regular powermax is needed specially for larger injectors

Haha! Awesome post Bud. Lmao.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
well...not to be a killjoy gare but I'd think all bets are off on the stock "5r100" when you get north of 600. if i had the $ to do a trans when I did my turbo/injectors, i would have looked at the 68 with some 205's instead. might be something to think about.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
well...not to be a killjoy gare but I'd think all bets are off on the stock "5r100" when you get north of 600. if i had the $ to do a trans when I did my turbo/injectors, i would have looked at the 68 with some 205's instead. might be something to think about.

Nah. Not going to that level man. I think the combo I have mapped out will be strong.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the 190's are plenty of fuel, i say a powermax is a waste to be honest if youre solely looking for power. Its going to be hard to get the 68mm vgt tuning right unless you have josh tune it. Unless you have the ability to have it live tuned.

chappy

Reaction score
the 190's are plenty of fuel, i say a powermax is a waste to be honest if youre solely looking for power. Its going to be hard to get the 68mm vgt tuning right unless you have josh tune it. Unless you have the ability to have it live tuned.

Which powermax the 68mm or the stocker?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Which powermax the 68mm or the stocker?

Pretty sure theres only one powermax, the 63.5 made and sold by garret... that is unless RCD takes a powermax and modifies it into a 68mm which is possible but then its not a powermax anymore its just a 68mm vgt turbo.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Pretty sure theres only one powermax, the 63.5 made and sold by garret... that is unless RCD takes a powermax and modifies it into a 68mm which is possible but then its not a powermax anymore its just a 68mm vgt turbo.

Which is whats being done. But theres a difference between starting with a stock vgt, and a powermax vgt. Hence us keeping the term 68mm Powermax. You know how it is, if it wasnt clarified that it was a Powermax from the beginning, we'd be accused of modding a factory turbo, which would be a fun combination!

FWIW, isnt a powermax a 65mm? JW

Jared

Latest posts