truck snoring/hissing and water leak.

Randy_270

Reaction score
So my truck has a few weird issues. First one being that I can hear an odd sound like a snoring/hissing sound while cruising down the highway. Sounds like its coming from the rear of the truck. I can hear it about ever 15 seconds-ish. I can't hear it while just idling or going slowly through town, or I haven't noticed, but I have noticed it while going 40mph or faster. I'll try and post a video tomorrow. And no I'm not crazy, my fiancee has heard it tooLOL.

My next issue is a water drip. It's coming from under the front passenger side wheel well liner at the back, where you can see the two pieces of frame connected together, and leaking onto the radius arm. I looked under the truck and can't see anything from under the truck. Can't see anything from under the hood. It's a colorless, odorless liquid, so I assume it to be water? Anyone know if there are any water lines in that area under the passenger side wheel well liner?? Might have to pull it off to investigate this weekend...

So if anyone has any idea or advice, or having the same problems, please let me know.

Thanks in advance:toast:

Randy_270

Reaction score
That would make sense because the only time I notice it is when it's super hot outside and I got the a/c cranked. So that's nothing to worry about?

Jomax

Reaction score
The water is normal. I will say, the a/c in these 6.7s "sweat" more than any cars or truck I've seen. They make quite a puddle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Randy_270

Reaction score
I had some guy in a minivan staring at my truck in traffic the other day. He was either staring at my fancy king shocks or at the water fall coming out from under my truck lol.

As for the snoring/hissing sound, here is a quick clip. The first sound is at about the 10 second mark, and the second one is around the 25 second mark. They are hard to hear but I can hear then on my phone.

http://vid1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh489/Randy_270/20150622_143322_zpsqemid99v.mp4

Jomax

Reaction score
I had some guy in a minivan staring at my truck in traffic the other day. He was either staring at my fancy king shocks or at the water fall coming out from under my truck lol.

As for the snoring/hissing sound, here is a quick clip. The first sound is at about the 10 second mark, and the second one is around the 25 second mark. They are hard to hear but I can hear then on my phone.

http://vid1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh489/Randy_270/20150622_143322_zpsqemid99v.mp4

I don't hear much. Sounds like MT tires.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Randy_270

Reaction score
It's not much louder then the tires, and it only lasts for about 2 seconds. If you listen really closely at the time frames I stated above, you can hear it.

Randy_270

Reaction score
I'll try and get a better video at slower speed so it's easier to hear. My truck is continually making that sound, and it has for a while so I'm not worried, just wondering what it is lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online