Denver, CO Truck Storage

Txpsd

Reaction score
Hello all,

I moved up here to Denver from Texas last year and really want to bring my truck up. I live just on the other side of the river from downtown, and parking is limited. I have a DD that I park in the parking garage where I live, and my truck wouldn't clear regardless. Having said that, I do have street parking... So the summer months aren't an issue.

I am looking for somewhere to store my truck during the winter months (mainly snow times) so that it is out of the elements and salted roads of CO. It is a Texas truck and hasn't seen a real winter before. I want to keep it that way.

I will obviously pay a reasonable price for whatever enclosed storage you have available. Truck is a leveled CCSB F250 on 33s.

Thank you!

Txpsd

Reaction score
Sam, I could be wrong... But I was told they use both magnesium chloride and salt in varying quantities.

JMart

Reaction score
They were using a brine mixture here in DFW area last year. I got caught behind a truck on hwy 380 that was treating the bridges west of Denton. So even Texas is using salt in some places now.

genie144

Reaction score
Sam, I could be wrong... But I was told they use both magnesium chloride and salt in varying quantities.
CDOT uses a specific blend of Magnesium Chloride that is formulated to be less corrosive than traditional NaCl. CDOT published a study back in 2000 that yielded inconsistent results. Newer formulations have demonstrated the 70% less corrosive as required.

Mag Chloride is nothing like road salts. It will eat chrome on your rims though if left on over the winter and parked (without washing).

Sam

ToMang07

Reaction score
Dude.....splitting hairs. Give it up.... "less corrosive" is still corrosive as ***k.

genie144

Reaction score
Because you put it in bold you must be right.... that's why Colorado is known for rusty vehicles...

How long have you lived in Colorado ToMang? Clearly you know what you are talking about...

Sam

ToMang07

Reaction score
FYI, Colorado doesn't use salt.

Sam

To correct myself, I just checked and CDOT does use in rare circumstances a salt/sand combination.

Sam

I see your point. Clearly you "know" what you're talking about as well, lol

https://www.codot.gov/travel/winter-driving/faqs.html
What kinds of road treatments and techniques does CDOT use?

As in years past, CDOT will utilize a variety of products and techniques for the most effective treatment of snow, slush, ice and black ice on Colorado 's state roadways this winter. Products you will see used in differing combinations include sand, a sand/salt mixture, and various liquid anti-icers and de-icers. The type of storm and temperatures will dictate the products used.

Latest posts

Members online