700 hp goal build

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I have messaged a couple guys on this forum about my build and you all have given great feedback. The goal for the truck is roughly 700 hp. The truck would basically be a DD and yes I plan on using it to tow with.

So far this is my build sheet:

s467.7 (1.10 housing and 360 thrust bearing) with Irate mount kit
300/200% injectors from Rosewood
Fuel system from Dyno Proven / Driven Diesel (fuel bowl ******, bosch pump, RR, in tank mods,etc)
Honey Badger Jr. HPOP with a tweak ( was told it will have no problem keeping up)
Carillo Rods
Mahle Pistons 0.02 oversized and ceramic coated
Colt Stage 2 Cam
Fluidampener
Mishimoto Intercooler
Smith Bros Push rods
Irate Competition valve springs
ARP headstuds
Dyno Proven Girdle with ARP mainstuds
tunes from Dyno Proven as well
Built 4R100 tranny, gauges, intake, exhaust

These are all parts that I have sitting in the truck ready to go in. It has been brought to my attention that porting the heads would be beneficial. Any insight on this process as in what needs to be done. I understand 700 hp is a little bit of a stretch for this setup without spray but I am hoping for any insight on ported heads or suggestions on my build.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get to this point.

joe d

Reaction score
Rosewood makes injectors that big? I asked him to make me some biggg ones and he said nothing bigger then a 250-200

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Last I talked to Jim I thought he said he would do them for me just would cost more? I guess dont quote me on that.

That would be a negative on me knowing how to port the heads myself.

joe d

Reaction score
Yea ill call and ask him i wanna go bigger but i wont buy from anyone else either jim builds them or i dont go bigger.. And i told him that jim is an awesome guy hands down will be the onlyone that builds my injectors... Okay dont wanna start an injector pissing match but i will be watching this closely. What truck is it going in 700 should be a funnnn ride

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Jim's shop is actually less than an hour away from my truck so im hoping he will go that big for me!

The truck is a 2000 f350 regular cab long bed. It was supposed to get a facelift but hurt the engine so she doesnt look the prettiest (will be doing the 05 front end conversion though). Hoping to do some weight reduction and hit the track when she is done.

Last edited:

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Just some pictures I have of parts and misc.
S467.7 with race cover
Custom 6x6 custom stack I am making myself (will be polished)
FF19 20x12 -52mm offset wheels
I am an engineer and made my own badges (3d printed a prototype to make sure I matched the contour of the truck then CNC milled aluminum and polished) that match my license plate to replace the f-350 badges

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 358

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Some misc. parts including my TS chip, HPOP, and fuel system components. Dont have pictures of much else.

Attachments

• IMG_0529.jpg
    IMG_0529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    947.6 KB · Views: 266

joe d

Reaction score
Its gunna be sweet cant wait and ya i hope like hell jim does then because i need mine done. Your truck should get gone what for a tranny? Bts

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Yeah I am excited to have the truck up and running for once. Its a custom tranny. It will be a weak point but when talking to Jason at Dyno Proven he said it was his stage 4 equivalent. May have to upgrade valvebody but it handled the 475 hp really well. Never went over 180 when towing

powerjoke73

Reaction score
238/100's, 38r with billet wheel, beast stock fuel pump and HPOP, same tranny, RR, intake mods, upgraded HPOP lines, and fuel crossover

basically your setup

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
With those big of injectors you will need to look into a bigger fuel pump besides a Bosch pump. I would say get a fuel lab or an aeromotive. You don't want to drop below 60psi of fuel pressure. You will start breaking nozzles like this (I know from experience)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerjoke73

Reaction score
FORAHLBILT what fuel pump are you running? I assume you have one of the pumps mentioned above.

Also, I have been following your build on instagram very closely you have an awesome build going on!!!!

joe d

Reaction score
See im still rocking my stock hpop holds 2800 at around 45-48% i wanna go bigger but dont know if the gain is going to be worth the money.. May i ask what tune and who's tunes u mafe the 475 with.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Would the bosch and stock pump together work well enough?

It was tuned by Justin at Powerstruck and it was his XXX tune. He said we had a little bit more to give her but I didnt have studs so I wasnt going to push it too hard.

FORDAHLBILT

Reaction score
FORAHLBILT what fuel pump are you running? I assume you have one of the pumps mentioned above.

Also, I have been following your build on instagram very closely you have an awesome build going on!!!!

im running a fuelab pump. I like it cause I don't need a $300 controller for it for street use. I just have it on a switch for 60% for street and %100 for strip.

and thanks man! I appreciate it