2015+

Sterling B.

Reaction score
So I'm looking to get another truck and keep the ole 7.3. The 7.3 still runs great, but is needing some TLC that I don't really want to put into it at the moment when it could be a down payment. But I'm going to keep it and work on it as time allows.

Wanting 2015/2016 F350 CCLB DRW 4x4 and have been looking through the threads as far as potential issues and things to look out for... but I haven't really found anything alarming. Would consider a 2014, but it looks like I'd be better off hunting down the 15 and 16. Seems like 2015 was the bees knees with better turbo and fuel system. What kind of mileage is "too high?" Most of the 15s I'm coming across are anywhere from 40-100K miles. Also looking into lariats and king ranch interiors if it matters. Any known issues in the 150, 200, and 250k mile ranges? I'm hearing fuel economy numbers anywhere from about 15 to 18 with all the emissions equipment and stock tuning. Plan on tuning it, but likely leaving emissions equipment on... Bryan cops are coming down hard on that stuff lately. :fustrate:

I appreciate any help on these things; test drove a couple, including a 2017 and they're night and day difference from the '00. LOL

sootie

Reaction score
stick with 15+ and not much to worry about. Tuning has come a long way since guys were burning directs out of the transmissions. Thats about the only weakness.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
So I've finally found a truck I like and am very interested in. 2015, 1-owner lariat with 97K miles. I'm working on getting the Oasis report, should I also try and have a compression test done?

JD3020

Reaction score
I wouldn't. As long as it runs good and everything checks out go for it. Oddly enough from everything i've noticed online these engines either run or they don't, not much of an in between that is hard to notice like a 7.3. LOL

I bought my '14 last January with 53k miles, currently sitting at 72k and been tuned since about 66k and i love it. Do wish at times i had a '15 or newer as the exhaust brake in my dads '17 is amazing, but i was looking at another $5k to get a similar 15+ truck and it wasn't worth it to me.

sootie

Reaction score
So I've finally found a truck I like and am very interested in. 2015, 1-owner lariat with 97K miles. I'm working on getting the Oasis report, should I also try and have a compression test done?

dont bother with a compression test. check for leaks, give it a good road test and rock on...

Sterling B.

Reaction score
Oasis Report

I've attached a copy of the documentation (hopefully it shows up) that was sent to me earlier this morning. Nothing really seems alarming here. Anyone know how the "owner advantage rewards" stuff works. I'm trying to figure out possible oil changes on this thing. PO quite possibly did all that themselves; was told it was a local truck and traded in on a brand new platinum.

Overall seems to have been well cared for; can't imagine someone not extending that same care to oil changes. The only thing I really noticed was that the transmission fluid was a bit dark, but I would have it flushed.

I appreciate the help! This would definitely be a huge step from the current 7.3. LOL

Attachments

• Oasis Report.pdf
    973.5 KB · Views: 119

sootie

Reaction score
nothing on there scares me, except that all items serviced could've been attributed to heavy towing.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
nothing on there scares me, except that all items serviced could've been attributed to heavy towing.

The same thing ran through my mind, but the factory hitches and gooseneck ball have very little wear on them. :shrug: I think there was a note about an aftermarket 5th wheel hitch, but most of those ratings are lower than a B&W turnover ball iirc. I know the toyhaulers can get heavy, but I think you'd end up pushing the limits of the hitch before you over-work the truck. But maybe I'm mistaken.

Thank you for taking a look at it! I'll likely try and work out a deal on this one. :thumbsup:

andrewtac

Reaction score
Aggie land cops are cracking down on diesels missing things, what is this world coming to?

Sterling B.

Reaction score
Aggie land cops are cracking down on diesels missing things, what is this world coming to?

That's the truth! My brother got a few citations from Bryan PD one time he made the trip across town. No muffler, window tint, and something else dumb... windshield brow maybe.

doo dah

Reaction score
FWIW my 2012 has over 215k on the clock and it runs great. So good I have a really hard time justifying a new one. I think you'll love it.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
The hunt continues

Went out to take a look at it. Drove pretty well, but noticed transmission fluid was dark and smelled burnt. Later found out that the truck was originally brought in for a bad turbo. (I'm thinking it might have just been the CAC upper outlet that was found to be bad). But, I've got the guy telling me they actually replaced the turbo before putting it on the lot, very dark/burned transmission fluid, and that the previous owner has a steel erection company. I just had to pass on it.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find one in caribou.:drool:

Latest posts

Members online