Tire rotation

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just did the jeep at 4000 along with the oil change. It was starting to clatter on start up with the original oil in it. Tire rotations are a lot more friendly now that I started investing in Milwaukee tools. The new high torque impact gun is sweet.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just did the jeep at 4000 along with the oil change. It was starting to clatter on start up with the original oil in it. Tire rotations are a lot more friendly now that I started investing in Milwaukee tools. The new high torque impact gun is sweet.
Just dont over torque them.

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just dont over torque them.

live life full throttle

I put it on the second setting. I forget what the number on it is but they’re good. I don’t let it crank them until it stops either. My truck I probably could but I don’t trust those little lugs.

79jasper

Reaction score
Good old fashion tire tool for me.
With a impact or torque sticks it can go either way. Too tight to where a person can't change it on the side of the road, or too loose and you have a wheel come off.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I personally go in an X pattern as this is your best method for having a multi straight axle style vehicle in the super duty’s. this way you get rid of cupping as you’re reversing the rotation of the tire itself when you do your tire rotation every 5K or so. We run our oilfield trucks like this and I just got 65K miles out of my Goodyear Duratracs using this method. All 4 tires had absolutely perfect wear characteristics and I was very impressed with how long they lasted...

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I've always gone anticlockwise. I have five tires in rotation. Amazing how much longevity you get out of five. Rear passenger off, gets replaced by driver rear, which gets replaced by driver front and so on. The new spare gets into rotation on the front passenger. I runs 40" Toyos. Change at oil change intervals of 5k. Make it easy to remember. I've gotten 70-80k miles easy with 5 in rotation. No cupping, nothing abnormal, nice even wear.

Latest posts

Members online