2017 Patriot Tuning Reviews

04cr450

Reaction score
I would like to think a like footed driver would not experience any issues. I'm one also. But occasionally do use all the throttle. However it's at higher rpm. For that reason I run a higher shift point tune. "Raised shift point"

I saw one 16 model that was a grandpa truck. Guy had local shop do ****** and he went on test drive. 15 minutes later it needed an engine due to spun gear. They actually got ford to warranty it.

If i spun a gear on this truck i would be done with ford trucks lol unreal story, glad ford covered it at least. Guess all we can do is drive them, i have higher shift points as well.

sootie

Reaction score
If i spun a gear on this truck i would be done with ford trucks lol unreal story, glad ford covered it at least. Guess all we can do is drive them, i have higher shift points as well.
Why would you be done with ford because of one guys tunes???

sootie

Reaction score
I thought this was a ford issue mainly and tuning malfunctions pre maturely spun them
I've never seen a stock truck soon one so how is it Ford's issue? Actually, I have never seen one spun with anyone elses tuning other than spartun. Heck, I thrash my truck daily that makes far more power than a tune only 16 with no crank gear issues...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I've never seen a stock truck soon one so how is it Ford's issue? Actually, I have never seen one spun with anyone elses tuning other than spartun. Heck, I thrash my truck daily that makes far more power than a tune only 16 with no crank gear issues...

There have been more than Patriot tunes spin the gear....

The one I saw was a GH

04cr450

Reaction score

I said i "thought", guess it is not a ford issue and tuning issue only. My fault lol

maxxedout

Reaction score
Has anyone with a 17-18 wrecked an engine due to the crank gear spinning with Patriot tunes? The majority of the feedback out there on Patriot’s 17-18 stuff seems to be great., I’d just like a little more background on the trucks that have had engine issues and if anyone with a 17-18 has run into any problems.

Reaction score
Has anyone with a 17-18 wrecked an engine due to the crank gear spinning with Patriot tunes? The majority of the feedback out there on Patriot’s 17-18 stuff seems to be great., I’d just like a little more background on the trucks that have had engine issues and if anyone with a 17-18 has run into any problems.

Not heard of anyone on any tunes spinning crank gears on the 17+ yet. 15-16s seem to be the ones that have this happen the most. Also, the spun crank gear has happened on multiple tuning platforms with the 15-16s, not just Patriots/S-partan. Seems to be a weak link in general on those years so dont believe everything you read. The 17s are supposed to have a different crank from the 15-16s, so hopefully the problem doesnt carry over. I've got 10,000 miles on my truck with Patriot tunes, under all different kinds of driving, loads, from sea level to 11,000 ft elevation climbing mountain passes, etc. and not so much as a missed shift, shifting issue or engine problem. Its honestly been some of my favorite tuning for a tune only truck that Ive ever ran.

Super04fx4

Reaction score
I am having similar shifting issues with my 17' 250...Yesterday mashed throttle at around 35-40mph and the trans went to 1st gear....but wouldn't engage because engine hit revlimiter...also trans starts hunting all over the place from 3rd gear up....TC cant seem to figure out what it want to do either....lock-up or not....
on top of it I keep getting a CEL for ECT2 temp sensor low OOR, and low fuel temp OOR...

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Any guys running patriot files on trucks with bigger turbos and dual pumps?

I'm running the 600 tune on my ap 6468 vgt. Wasn't too satisfied with the early shifting but this new 600 beta 2.01 raised shifts and quick response tune just made my day!!! It drives effortlessly... Almost makes me forget about my 2008 spar tan 6.4 lol seems a lot stronger than my patriot tuned 2016 f250, but surely attributed to the upgraded turbo. Patriot doesn't have custom turbo tunes yet for the '17. It will come out with the ost release

ckrueg

Reaction score
I'm running the 600 tune on my ap 6468 vgt. Wasn't too satisfied with the early shifting but this new 600 beta 2.01 raised shifts and quick response tune just made my day!!! It drives effortlessly... Almost makes me forget about my 2008 spar tan 6.4 lol seems a lot stronger than my patriot tuned 2016 f250, but surely attributed to the upgraded turbo. Patriot doesn't have custom turbo tunes yet for the '17. It will come out with the ost release
Is the turbine stock on that turbo? If so the stock turbo tune should be close to keep it running good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Is the turbine stock on that turbo? If so the stock turbo tune should be close to keep it running good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No it is 2mm bigger, 68mm. It has a little turbine whistle since it is a 10 blades and a lot of compressor sound. I like it!! I didn't notice any more lag compared to stock... Almost seems to spool faster actually. I mainly made the swap because i hated the "woosh" vacuum cleaner sound of the stock turbine. Patriot has the tunes for the 2015-2016 but not the 2017 yet. I'm leaving about 20hp on the table i have been told because of some variations for the vgt vanes table.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Is the 6468 referencing the compressor wheel inducer and exducer sizing? Last I've asked around most companies reference compressor sizes before they reference the turbine sizes.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
No it is 2mm bigger, 68mm. It has a little turbine whistle since it is a 10 blades and a lot of compressor sound. I like it!! I didn't notice any more lag compared to stock... Almost seems to spool faster actually. I mainly made the swap because i hated the "woosh" vacuum cleaner sound of the stock turbine. Patriot has the tunes for the 2015-2016 but not the 2017 yet. I'm leaving about 20hp on the table i have been told because of some variations for the vgt vanes table.

I was referring to stock turbine.

Reaction score

Even without the 6468 vgt turbo you put on, I heard the new beta 2.01 even with a stock turbo, the raised shift schedule and QR is awesome! Im still running the 1.5.7 SOTF file for now mainly because I havent had even the slightest issues, and Im still running stock tires (lame). Ill be getting 37s in the next month, so once I get the bigger tires, Ill request the 2.01 from them to get that raised shift schedule to help with the larger tires. Glad you are liking that QR file though, makes me excited to try one if it reminds you of the 6.4 low end response/grunt.

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Is the 6468 referencing the compressor wheel inducer and exducer sizing? Last I've asked around most companies reference compressor sizes before they reference the turbine sizes.

Yes compressor inducer first and exhaust turbine exducer second. Like the barder 6670 vgt or precision 6870. Stock is 61/66 i believe