try this again....

89 Stroker

Reaction score
04 6.0 with a later model engine in it all stock no tuner

driving down the road running fine then pulling up to a light truck had no throttle response and started running rough, shut the truck off and now wont restart

koeo shows a p2285 injector control pressure circuit low

other then that there are no codes

FICM has 48 volts while cranking
builds oil pressure while cranking also
fuel bowl on top has fuel and fills up when key is turned on
wont start with ICP unplugged
injectors click when doing a buzz test
smells like diesel fumes after cranking, it sounds like it wants to start.

rpm gauge didn't move while cranking. is there a way to test the CPS?

i have a auto enginuity ford bundle, any specific tests to try?

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check icp voltage koeo, you may have a shorted wire. It should be .23v. Also, check rpm on the scanner, as the tach takes probably 10-15sec of cranking to bump. The ckp runs the tach in a 6.0, not the cmp like a 7.3. Also check sync and ficm sync. Icp pressure while it is cranking, and ipr duty cycle.

Arkansas89

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, could fuel pressure be an issue as well? I recently updated to the blue spring after learning all of the issues that can result from low fuel pressure. Minimum required 45 psi at the fuel bowl test port correct? If I'm not mistaken, smelling diesel in the cab is a symptom of needing to rebuild the regulator. Just a thought, I could be way off. Can't wait to get rid of the factory fuel bowl and oil filter bowl altogether...

Last edited:

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Icp while cranking is 423.75 psi
Icp volts koeo .25
Rpm 190
Ipr duty cycle koeo 14.84
Ipr cranking 84.77
Ficm sync 1

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Your not getting enough hpo. Either your ipr is not working or you have a bad pump/leak. I would swap the ipr first and if that doesn't fix it, pressurize the hpo system with compressed air and see if you can hear the leak to track it down.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes, you need to air test. Pressure is pretty close, but this aint horseshoes or hand grenades. Factory oil filter?

lostnomore.rss

Reaction score
I've recently replaced the stc, egr ******, and can't seem to get er to run right. She gotta constant miss , low power and the tyranny won't work right in tow / haul the only code is 069 baron metric pressure ??? Help

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If its misfiring could be an injector or connection. The map/baro code needs to be addressed as well. Check your map, baro, and ebp pressure koeo, they should be damn near the same, replace whatver sensor is not reading right.

lostnomore.rss

Reaction score
The mat on the air intake? Or the sensor above the heater core tubed to the valve cover. Seems the one up top is working. The one MAT my scan tool reads a constant -40

lostnomore.rss

Reaction score
I actually have a Lil better running by ******** the catalytic converter

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If your ebp is reading 50ish koeo, that sound like your problem. I was talking about the map sensor that is bolted to the evap box, and has a hose.running to the intake.

Latest posts

Members online