E4OD Help

Flexy04

Reaction score
I have been fighting this issue for a while have not been able to figure it out.

So far i have. Scanned for codes, No codes, changed VSS, changed gear oil in rear diff and checked the VSS ring. Checked connector on the neutral safety switch. Checked all lights work correctly nothing burned out, changed trans fluid and filter.

Will be driving under medium throttle the shift between 2-3 it feels like the torque converter Locks/Unlocks then shifts. The RPMs go up and feels like the converter unlocks drops 500 RPM them locks back up again... but now i have been reading that it could be the neutral safety switch shifting into neutral but i am unsure of the symptoms of that. i have 2 videos of the strange half shift but people say it does them no good.

Under full throttle it feels like it just rolls through 3rd straight too 4th with drops of 500 rpms between gears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XwdrNMN4BU

any suggestions would be helpful! just trying to get going in the right direction! thanks guys

Duel10stacks

Reaction score
Did you put leds in any of the lights because that will cause it to make it not lockup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old man dave

Reaction score
Check the adjustment of the Transmission Range Sensor (TRS), that can cause really erratic shifting if its out of adjustment. I think you are calling it the safety switch, its concentric with the shift linkage coming out of the transmission.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
No codes,
Please explain what you mean by no codes. When you connect the scan tool, nothing happens? It works, but it doesn't show any codes? It works and gives a pass code? Only the last one of these is the right operation. The other two means something is wrong.

Flexy04

Reaction score
shows no transmission codes, had a pending code of Boost pressure but think that was before doing up pipes. also has Exhaust Back pressure valve code due doing having removed the system. its a snapon Solus Ultra. for my year does not have a specific code area for Transmission codes. but i have run all the test for codes KOEO test and KOER also checked pending/memory codes.

Latest posts

Members online