2015 Turbo swap reliability?

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
Are the 2015 turbo swaps proving to be more reliable than the 11-14 turbos? Looking into replacing my 2011 turbo and I'm torn between a 15 turbo or going non VGT. I'm really more concerned with reliability than the added power at this point, but that's definitely a bonus!

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
people seem to love the '15 turbo and fuel pump swaps. they're definitely more reliable than the 11-14 stock components and they add a little more power. you'll need different tuning though I believe (from all that i've read)

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
The 15 turbo swap is a lot better than the 11-14 turbo. If your not worried about the extra power, then the 15 style turbo is perfect for what you're wanting, you will gain some power anyway. You will need tunes to run this setup with no codes but the tunes will also make the truck run better. It'll run basically like a 2015+ truck.

Keith

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'm already tuned and d-leted, but it seems as if a proper tune for the 15 turbo takes better advantage of it, right? No codes if you're already tuned? Like I said, I really just want reliability for a more affordable price than going full non-VGT, and the 15 swap seems to accomplish that, I'm just confirming. I'm plenty happy with the current power.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'm already tuned and d-leted, but it seems as if a proper tune for the 15 turbo takes better advantage of it, right? No codes if you're already tuned? Like I said, I really just want reliability for a more affordable price than going full non-VGT, and the 15 swap seems to accomplish that, I'm just confirming. I'm plenty happy with the current power.

If your running custom tunes then just get them revised for that turbo. Any reputable tuner will do that free of charge!

HPGod

Reaction score
I did the swap and I'm enjoying it. 2015 turbo is far more reliable than the failure prone 11-14. Get yourself some custom tunes to fully optimize it like others have mentioned.
I routinely pull 18,000lbs and it works great. (Towmax) I'm still on the 2014 pump as I haven't been able to justify the cost of the 2015 pump swap to pick up 50hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
I did the swap and I'm enjoying it. 2015 turbo is far more reliable than the failure prone 11-14. Get yourself some custom tunes to fully optimize it like others have mentioned.
I routinely pull 18,000lbs and it works great. (Towmax) I'm still on the 2014 pump as I haven't been able to justify the cost of the 2015 pump swap to pick up 50hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'll just be doing a standard 15 turbo I think. I rarely tow, and it's never more than 8,000lbs. Sounds like it's just what I need!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'll just be doing a standard 15 turbo I think. I rarely tow, and it's never more than 8,000lbs. Sounds like it's just what I need!

call me if i can help buddy, long time no talk .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
only issue I have is at 65MPH I can stall the compressor wheel at high load, 20 psi or so and 1500 RPM towing about 12k or more lbs. If I stay out of 6 gear its fine. But really its been super reliable I think I have close to 20k on my turbo set up and the last 4k or so I haven't been over 9 MPG if that tells you how much towing I have been doing.

Reaction score
We have had great luck with ours. We have different compressor options as well as turbin options. It all depends on goal and what you want from it.

We pair it with our dual fueler and our tuning package and it is really fun to drive ! For the cost of the 15 pump and labor to install it I feel it is a waste of money if wanting more power in the future. Your can buy our dual fueler kit and have a pump that will support 750 or so hp and still drive like a factory truck.

You Can make it look like factory or have fancy pipes for the top . All depends on what your looking for under the hood.. let me know if ya need anything.

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
Thank you all for input! I really appreciate it!

I'm really just looking more for reliability than power. Extra power never hurts of course, but I do a lot of driving and I just want the truck to run great and not let me down. I'm the type that rarely hits full throttle. I drive like a grandpa 95% of the time, really LOL

Mike and I have been discussing a few options, including a couple of non-vgts. The H&S kit looks amazing, I just can't quite swing the price right now, though I'm sure its worth it. We've been discussing a standard 2015 swap, the MPD budget kit and the ATS Aurora 4000, all of which have their benefits. I welcome any input that anyone has to offer on any of these options!

Thanks again everyone for your responses already. Much appreciated!

jcain

Reaction score
We have had great luck with ours. We have different compressor options as well as turbin options. It all depends on goal and what you want from it.

We pair it with our dual fueler and our tuning package and it is really fun to drive ! For the cost of the 15 pump and labor to install it I feel it is a waste of money if wanting more power in the future. Your can buy our dual fueler kit and have a pump that will support 750 or so hp and still drive like a factory truck.

You Can make it look like factory or have fancy pipes for the top . All depends on what your looking for under the hood.. let me know if ya need anything.

Yall.make your own 15 retros and your own dual fueler kit ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.