Let's talk bigger turbo's

TTBOOST

Reaction score
I'm ready for more power and I've been looking at either the streetmax-x or the barder 6670r. Those look to be the best options as they will put more power down than the stock motor can handle and the ease of installation is a big plus. But my question is will they work on the 17's I'm pretty sure I seen somewhere that they are upgrading them off the newest '17 turbos. I'll end up doing a duel fueler at the same time but my main concern is the tuning I currently have the ppei tunes can they remote tune my setup on my ez-lynk?

sootie

Reaction score
Hard parts will fit, tuning is the limiting factor

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
I have the AP 6468 vgt for my '17, not installed yet, and waiting for some tunes. In the meantime i have the patriot tunes for the stock turbo.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm ready for more power and I've been looking at either the streetmax-x or the barder 6670r. Those look to be the best options as they will put more power down than the stock motor can handle and the ease of installation is a big plus. But my question is will they work on the 17's I'm pretty sure I seen somewhere that they are upgrading them off the newest '17 turbos. I'll end up doing a duel fueler at the same time but my main concern is the tuning I currently have the ppei tunes can they remote tune my setup on my ez-lynk?

stick with the streetmax x idea, anything with a looser turbine like the barder will be wasted power and laggier. there is almost no reason to go with a modified turbine unless you have plans to build a motor, and any towing will get noticeably worse. i have no idea why anyone would want a turbo with a looser turbine when back pressure isn't an issue below the power levels that a stock motor would fail , unless you believe the junk you read on facebook.

sootie

Reaction score
Also the stock motor can handle a streetmax fine, even with added fuel fwiw

DieselMedic

Reaction score
Morning, I also am upgrading my '14 factory turbo and installing the BD Performance Scorpion S363SX-E Turbo Kit. Not looking for any huge gains just something that is reliable and that I will still be good when towing. If I had plans for dual fuel then I would have went with the 66mm streetmax also.

Currently run the EZ Lynk tuner with PPEI tunes but not sure who I'll go with when I finish the install next Tuesday.

zack birge

Reaction score
stick with the streetmax x idea, anything with a looser turbine like the barder will be wasted power and laggier. there is almost no reason to go with a modified turbine unless you have plans to build a motor, and any towing will get noticeably worse. i have no idea why anyone would want a turbo with a looser turbine when back pressure isn't an issue below the power levels that a stock motor would fail , unless you believe the junk you read on facebook.

I second Mike here!

I have the 65.5 streetmax on my 17 with PPEI Tunes, stock fuel, and it pulls much harder throughout the entire power curve! Lights just as fast as stock if not faster honestly. I'm very impressed with the streetmax

TTBOOST

Reaction score
I second Mike here!

I have the 65.5 streetmax on my 17 with PPEI Tunes, stock fuel, and it pulls much harder throughout the entire power curve! Lights just as fast as stock if not faster honestly. I'm very impressed with the streetmax

Okay awesome thanks for the info yeah I'll probably go the streetmax route. What's the best duel fueler kit for our trucks?

TTBOOST

Reaction score
Also did you have to get custom tunes for the streetmax from ppei or are you running the standard tunes that everyone and myself have for the stock turbo?

zack birge

Reaction score
Also did you have to get custom tunes for the streetmax from ppei or are you running the standard tunes that everyone and myself have for the stock turbo?

The 0-200 LBF PPEI SOTF tune is what I'm running. Kory says it's perfect for the turbo and my truck seems to agree!

zack birge

Reaction score
Okay awesome thanks for the info yeah I'll probably go the streetmax route. What's the best duel fueler kit for our trucks?

That's a good question for Mike! Maybe he can make us both a deal! I need to order dual fuelers too.

Spatel23

Reaction score
How loud is the streetmax ?
I'm getting old and I'm not sure I want the racket anymore.
Does it just whistle the entire time while cruising ?

sootie

Reaction score

it is not loud. no different than when i ran a batmowheel in the atmo turbo on my six four. if you used a closed box like an S&B, i doubt you could hear it at all . With the no limit, you get some compressor noise not annoying at all.

pog

Reaction score

Well if you’re getting old your hearing will go too so it shouldn’t bother you lol

TTBOOST

Reaction score
Has anyone done a compound setup on a '17 yet I've been looking at midwests kit and it looks like a great kit

Reaction score

We will probably be having a sale on these about Thanksgiving time I believe.
Our kit still works with factory OE filters along with nice aluminium bracket and numbered bosses for easier install. Our kit also includes HD line addressing some kits line cracking issues.
http://www.sideactiondiesel.com/67-Dual-Fueler-Kit-_p_63.html

Latest posts

Members online